Dress code change

You could technically wear sweatpants as long as it’s a solid color and it wouldn’t go against the dress code. It says “preferably khaki or blue denim” which doesn’t mean you actually have to. Not trying to start a whole argument but it’s kind of interesting.

This.
I worked at another retail company with a couple Mormon girls.
They aren't allowed to wear pants; dresses/skirts only
FYI I can't imagine why they told you that because women of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (AKA "Mormons") are definitely allowed to wear pants. The women you worked with maybe just chose to not wear pants as their own standard (who knows) but it isn't a church standard.

Being a Receiver it would be nice to be able to wear shorts where there’s no fan or air conditioning all day.
You should be allowed too. I‘m allowed to wear khaki shorts. Because receivers aren’t guess facing I was told by my GM ETL that it was ok. I only wear them on hot days however usually have jeans or khaki pants on. They provide more protection from the fun things found in the backroom.

Still no shorts for TSS... but they want us out on the sidewalk greeting guests during peak hours? Yeah I politely decline that offer.

FYI I can't imagine why they told you that because women of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (AKA "Mormons") are definitely allowed to wear pants. The women you worked with maybe just chose to not wear pants as their own standard (who knows) but it isn't a church standard.
Probably Pentecostal. I worked with and became friends with a woman who is and she said she always has to wear a skirt.

LMAO my SD wears hoodies as well as all of the ETL's (including HR) and the TL's all got red hoodies for Christmas. AND what about those state hoodies? 😂

I wear hoodies and will continue to do so until it's not freezing anymore. They've lost their whole minds.

Also, I've always thought it's ridiculous they'll allow skirts all day long but not longer shorts?! Logic, please come join the Target board room.
Maybe because some people wear skirts for religious reasons but, there’s no religious reason to wear shorts.

Maybe because some people wear skirts for religious reasons but, there’s no religious reason to wear shorts.
It seems I should've expanded on my comment. The skirts worn at my store are not worn for religious reasons (I did look up short mini-type skirts and no religion deems those appropriate attire.) they're worn to get around the no shorts policy. IDC what people wear, but if it's skirts for religious reasons then that's what it should state with a length (similar to how schools enforce a dress code.)

Completely my fault for not broadening my statement sooner. I apologize.

It seems I should've expanded on my comment. The skirts worn at my store are not worn for religious reasons (I did look up short mini-type skirts and no religion deems those appropriate attire.) they're worn to get around the no shorts policy. IDC what people wear, but if it's skirts for religious reasons then that's what it should state with a length (similar to how schools enforce a dress code.)

Completely my fault for not broadening my statement sooner. I apologize.

The reason they can wear skirts is because of religious reasons.
They have to have the language in there to make sure they don't get sued.
It's the same reason for all the years that khaki was the dress code it said black pants were accepted.
Because California and Washington law says that khaki is a color that most people don't have in their closet normally and Spot would have to pay for the uniform.
None of your staff may be religious but they benefit from the rules being in place for religious people.

Our sd gifted all leads hoodies for Christmas like 3 years in a row with the store number on them and a stupid quote on the back.

they what
It's suggested to "be out on the sidewalk during peak hours to ensure all guests feel safe and welcomed." At least in my group anyway.

But they fail to consider (or care...) that's normally the hottest part of the day while wearing a navy blue shirt with white vinyl letters that have legit left slight burn marks on my back with a bit of Sun.

Last edited:
Back