Dresses at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the bleep are you so fixated on the concept of a dress? The problem is the color. Let me say it again, C - O - L - O - R. Are you completely ignoring the color aspect because you know you're wrong?

I really, really hope they teach you a lesson about dying on such a teeny hill by cutting you to 4 hours for a while.
Legit just had a meeting and they said the COLOR can be red on bottom so long as it’s solid. Made sure to ask. If I wear a red skirt. It’s fine.
In fact if I wear a red dress it’s fine.
We are having another meeting on Friday with the TL in it this time because of her reaction and what was said to me. I was apologized to by her leaders.
So you can calm TF down

My SD told me we can wear any solid color bottom and the top should "suggest red". I laughed because the tm standing beside me was wearing striped pants and nobody has ever said a thing about it.
Striped pants consist of a host of solid colors!

Have you ever seen an insolid color? My skin is an example. PALE.

They said legally they can’t not allow me to wear a dress if it’s religious preference and they aren’t actually allowed to ask me to prove my religion. Thusly, dress may be worn at work as long as it complies with all other dress code rules.
Sounds like they are giving you an out.

I'd rather fight to wear what I want outside of work than in work but if you have a ton of dresses and don't want to have to buy stuff just to wear at work then I can see how you feel.

I just don’t wanna wear pants when it’s 100° out and I’m one of the handful of people who is getting carts is all. And it think I’d look ridiculous in cargo shorts haha

That is a great idea, may do that for Halloween. Though it makes me then wonder if a Romper is allowed haha. Not a shorts one, but the ones with pants hahaha. If it’s two colors do we care?? Or must it specifically be two unconnected pieces?

This topic makes me homesick for the days (not long ago) when Target actually had a dress code :cool:

P.S. Would you care to share a picture wearing your dress? I'd like to see the evidence, but be careful that the picture omits your face to protect your anonymity.

Front end is expected to get carts.
Our front end is kinda weird. We usually only have like 2 cashiers, and most of the time none of them are of age to even ring alcohol so the whole store is consistently being called to the front end to help.

This topic makes me homesick for the days (not long ago) when Target actually had a dress code :cool:

P.S. Would you care to share a picture wearing your dress? I'd like to see the evidence, but be careful that the picture omits your face to protect your anonymity.
Not a problem, lol. 1- sorry my mirror is a mess. And 2-I’d blurred out phone case as well since those are pretty easily identifiable if they are personalized.
so not too business-like, but also not just a long a t shirt.
but was told I looked wildly inappropriate. She basically was looking at me like I’d walked into work in a bikini. Sooo yeah.
this was the dress in question.

Attachments

• 431E7AA2-3B2B-457C-A6AC-A83AF22BBE08.png
    431E7AA2-3B2B-457C-A6AC-A83AF22BBE08.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 46
I don't find that dress style inappropriate at all. It's pretty and everything's covered, though it's a bit dressier than the standard Target dress code. It's not like it's a clubbing outfit or anything though.

Maybe they are so used to seeing TMs dressed casually that it just threw them off, not sure. A lot depends on how hard and fast they want to stick to the top vs bottom color requirements.

I don't find that dress style inappropriate at all. It's pretty and everything's covered, though it's a bit dressier than the standard Target dress code. It's not like it's a clubbing outfit or anything though.

Maybe they are so used to seeing TMs dressed casually that it just threw them off, not sure. A lot depends on how hard and fast they want to stick to the top vs bottom color requirements.
What I understand from my meeting was their main concern was safety, any dress that was too flowy might get caught on things. But I think it’d look a lot more inappropriate to come in wearing a skin tight dress or pencil skirt haha.
whatever though. I got an apology, and the explanation I needed to my questions. And now I have a better understanding of what this specific stores expectation is of visual appearance and know that if I stay at Target for any significant length of time and transfer stores again to ask BEFORE I just walk in with something they might find shocking.

Not a problem, lol. 1- sorry my mirror is a mess. And 2-I’d blurred out phone case as well since those are pretty easily identifiable if they are personalized.
so not too business-like, but also not just a long a t shirt.
but was told I looked wildly inappropriate. She basically was looking at me like I’d walked into work in a bikini. Sooo yeah.
this was the dress in question.

If that dress was wildly inappropriate for work I've lost track of what century we are in.

What I understand from my meeting was their main concern was safety, any dress that was too flowy might get caught on things. But I think it’d look a lot more inappropriate to come in wearing a skin tight dress or pencil skirt haha.
whatever though. I got an apology, and the explanation I needed to my questions. And now I have a better understanding of what this specific stores expectation is of visual appearance and know that if I stay at Target for any significant length of time and transfer stores again to ask BEFORE I just walk in with something they might find shocking.
Well kudos to you for getting your answers and coming back and letting us know what happened - some of us were a bit rough on you 😳, glad you didn't take it too personally!

Also,
1tlr1p.gif

Our front end is kinda weird. We usually only have like 2 cashiers, and most of the time none of them are of age to even ring alcohol so the whole store is consistently being called to the front end to help.
Wow how lazy of leadership to put people who can't ring up alcohol on the registers without having somebody who can. On there. Just grab busy workers on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back