Archived Drinks on the Floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you have a note or a reasonable cause for example I have anxiety attacks - cold water helps me. I'll let my lod know and it's only happened a handful of times where I carry water for it. I also am on a lot of meds to function so having sugar around is good for low blood pressure and other things. I have a note for having water but I don't have time and space to carry it on me or to keep watch so it stays on the desk. I don't allow drinks at my boat in e & e since the great fermented coffee fiasco of 14. :) plus it is a steritech violation that is not worth a yellow or red score over.

Funny you mention "fermented coffee" I found a solid latte last monday we could've sold as cheese. No one could smell it, really ?? I walked out on SF and smelled nothing but cheesy death, and like a drug dog followed my nose. Low and behold on the back end cap of O10 is the culprit.

Yeah I smelled it bf I got to the boat. It ruined everything I had under there. I had to rebuild everything (binders)

I was so mad. So... mad... regressive mad feels coming through ....

Just get a note. It's not hard. A Dr is or rather should be willing to write a simple note to carry water at your station. If your store gets a bad note on it, it can be spoken to. Cover your butt and your teams.

So everyone just has money to burn for this?

My doctor doesn't waste time with BS like this.

ugh.... I will leave that one alone. I don't know what store who works for who, as for me, I hold everyone accountable. If you are on my team, (which no one here I believe is) I am expected to talk and or follow up. They (leaders) don't want violations that are easily avoided. If you carry that attitude my answer will be if you're dying of thirst, you can go to a water fountain - they are there for a reason or a hospital for dehydration. If it's not that serious.... well then.

No drinks on the floor and if the ETLS catch you at my store you will get a coach. However you are free to get a drink at the water fountain or on your break. The ETLS understand it is hot but they do not want TMs drinking on the floor ( their words) unless it is overnight when guests are not present. Yep that also goes for cashiers and food avenue as well.

That's ridiculous. The air conditioning at my store might as well be non-existent for how poorly it works, and any day the temperature climbs above 75 degrees outside makes it feel like death in the store. If our ETLs tried to tell us we can't have drinks, I would tell them to provide me with an environment that's comfortable to work in first... if I had the balls to that is.

My store is not overnight and I see tm's with bottled soda or water bottles. If I'm really thirsty I just zip to the water fountain by the back room. We have been told no in the past, but we have a different ETL now.

Backroom water fountain is always the coldest. We can Not have drinks on the floor only etls can have energy drinks.

I drink water on the floor all.the.time. Store is dry and holyhellahot. I need for someone to say something. I would just go home. Guests complain about it too.

No water on the floor is total and absolute BULLSHIT. I don't care if it is a rule or not. We are human beings, not robots, and we need water. When you are stuck at your register during a rush that literally lasts hours, you do not have time to dash to the fountain to get water. And how much water can you really drink at one time at the fountain anyway? It is HOT in my store (guests actually complain quite a bit about the heat). We are expected to talk, talk, talk to the guests, "educate" them about the exploitative Redcards, cartwheel, blah blah blah, talking until our mouths are dry, but we're not even allowed to have a fucking bottle of water like an adult? Total assholery.

ugh.... I will leave that one alone. I don't know what store who works for who, as for me, I hold everyone accountable. If you are on my team, (which no one here I believe is) I am expected to talk and or follow up. They (leaders) don't want violations that are easily avoided. If you carry that attitude my answer will be if you're dying of thirst, you can go to a water fountain - they are there for a reason or a hospital for dehydration. If it's not that serious.... well then.

Keeping people (employees included!) from having easy access to water is abuse. No sodas? Fine. No coffees or energy drinks? OK. No water? NOT COOL.

Keeping people (employees included!) from having easy access to water is abuse. No sodas? Fine. No coffees or energy drinks? OK. No water? NOT COOL.

He didn't have an answer for me, about what I expect, squat.

All in all, I do agree that we should be able to carry a container of water that is easily accessible. I never said that I didnt agree that we should be able to. Especially at front lanes, where you can't walk away from your register without a leader thinking that you left forever. I hate that in electronics, they have to call for someone to cover you just for a drink of water.
I got in trouble personally for letting my team have drinks. So I'm just trying to stay off the black list. That's me personally.

We weren't allowed to have drinks on us when I was at Target. At Trader Joe's, they don't overly care if we have water or coffee with us, so long as it is out of sight and we aren't guzzling our beverage in front of customers. It's nice to get a quick drink during small breaks when you know you can't sprint to the breakroom quick enough.

All in all, I do agree that we should be able to carry a container of water that is easily accessible. I never said that I didnt agree that we should be able to. Especially at front lanes, where you can't walk away from your register without a leader thinking that you left forever. I hate that in electronics, they have to call for someone to cover you just for a drink of water.
I got in trouble personally for letting my team have drinks. So I'm just trying to stay off the black list. That's me personally.

Must be nice to have coverage.

I will never ever enforce a "no water on hand" rule unless the work site is sensitive like a server bank or something. Nothing at the store level meets that criteria and it's really in our best interest to allow water bottles. Water on hand = less time spent walking back and forth to the water fountains and more time spent helping guests/zoning/working cafs/pulling/backstocking/etc. If the workload is high enough, people are more likely to forgo drinking water when it can involve a 5 minute trip across the store which leads to dehydration and an increased risk of injury. It's not worth it when the only gain is "we look slightly more professional by not being seen drinking a water bottle on the floor." Most guests won't care.

We get the occasional ETL that tries to tell me to enforce a "no bottled drinks of any kind including water" rule in the backroom and I have always told them "No way in hell. Cokes/coffee/other drinks? I don't allow those in accordance to policy already. Water? Never and there's nothing you can do that will make me do anything but hide it."

Just don't keep your drinks in my ambient room. I don't care what they are. Nothing goes in there. You will be coached if I find your personal food or drink, even water.

Just don't keep your drinks in my ambient room. I don't care what they are. Nothing goes in there. You will be coached if I find your personal food or drink, even water.

I agree with that. To easy for contamination to happen. I try to stay out of there, cause I am not sure what I can and can't touch.

One of the GSAs at my store has gotten permission to requisition Starbucks drinks for cashiers who get a certain amount of Red Cards. We're doing amazing on Red Cards now.

As a barista, I have to admit it's really annoying when GSAs do this.
At my store, as I'm working alone with a line of guests, the GSA will come behind the counter and try to ring up what the cashier wants and expects me to make it right then and there.
Yeah...no. I'm one barista ringing and making drinks, and it's a damn red card. Calm down. The cashier can wait until my line is over.
Sorry for that rant.

As a barista, I have to admit it's really annoying when GSAs do this.
At my store, as I'm working alone with a line of guests, the GSA will come behind the counter and try to ring up what the cashier wants and expects me to make it right then and there.
Yeah...no. I'm one barista ringing and making drinks, and it's a damn red card. Calm down. The cashier can wait until my line is over.
Sorry for that rant.
My gstl will do ring up & make the drink for the cashier after you are done with your guest, at my store.

I worked out of my work center for a couple hrs the other day to help out, but I made damn sure my ETL got me a drink from Starbucks when I left. Boy that hit the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back