Drive up is making the front end slower!

We are told that when on fulfillment to only call for guest assistance on the floor if it's more than a minute's worth of help needed and that backup is not a thing for fulfillment. Backup is the sales floor team and if in dire straits, specialty teams (usually beauty, occasionally market and veeerrrryyy rarely electronics, unless electronics has only one tm scheduled). Our etl's, store director, and tl's will backup before they'd call off fulfillment.

Fulfillment in my store rarely if ever does back up at the front end. But the front end Team Leads have a habit of pulling from tech and OPU (my current department). It slows down our department and tech (which is incredibly understaffed) to a point where corporate has complained to the store director lol.

Flex doesn't ever back up the store, unless they are slow and OPU/DU is super crazy at the same time. That happens quite a bit since we are a non-SFS store, and a UHV store as well, ESPECIALLY in Drive-Up. The whole sales floor (Grocery, GM, Style, Beauty) backs up the Lanes and Flex constantly on weekends. Us front end people only do Flex if it's super slow for us and it's nighttime usually. They don't call us from the Service Desk/OPU/DU anymore to go on lanes (unless they're desperate) due to how busy we get there and a little bit of complaining.

We are told that when on fulfillment to only call for guest assistance on the floor if it's more than a minute's worth of help needed and that backup is not a thing for fulfillment. Backup is the sales floor team and if in dire straits, specialty teams (usually beauty, occasionally market and veeerrrryyy rarely electronics, unless electronics has only one tm scheduled). Our etl's, store director, and tl's will backup before they'd call off fulfillment.
I would think your at our store but you lost me at a minute of help

one day I stg a fulfillment TM said “hey can someone help a customer on G14 they’re really irritated” LMFAOOOOO

Flex doesn't ever back up the store, unless they are slow and OPU/DU is super crazy at the same time. That happens quite a bit since we are a non-SFS store, and a UHV store as well, ESPECIALLY in Drive-Up. The whole sales floor (Grocery, GM, Style, Beauty) backs up the Lanes and Flex constantly on weekends. Us front end people only do Flex if it's super slow for us and it's nighttime usually. They don't call us from the Service Desk/OPU/DU anymore to go on lanes (unless they're desperate) due to how busy we get there and a little bit of complaining.
Sometimes they ask “is anyone trained on the registers that can head up”

Literally everyone at our store spends day one at the lanes with the exception of any AP.

We used to do that. But, apparently, under modernization it's not the front end's job to train the salesfloor TMs how to use the registers.* It's the job of their work center's trainers. So, noobs and seasonals rarely get trained anymore until we know they're going to be kept on. The salesfloor doesn't have time for that.

*Seriously, there was a huge fight about this between the then SETL and the salesfloor TLs a couple of years ago.

Here is how I think drive up should go. Rather than 2 minutes do 2 minutes 30 seconds (target would NEVER agree to 3 minutes lol). If a guest wants to do those I’m on my way I’m here BS don’t start the timer till 2 minutes passes (1 minute if a small order like 1 bag) then start the timer for the push to them. This would increase guest experience and TM safety AND TM health

At the grocery store where I work it is the "Drive-Up-&-Go or DUG" that mostly takes out their orders. They have a cell phone and customers are supposed to call them when they are parked in out. Once in a great while a PIC (person in charge) will help.

Back