Drive Up TMs should wear shorts

Having a special needs child I am very familiar with cooling vests. The packs can be chilled or frozen, depending upon the need and you don't need to use all of them if they aren't necessary. They are effective, but somewhat bulky and sometimes heavy. The best have tubes through which water flows from a reservoir that can be worn like those water sources bikers use. There are also battery operated vests that have a built in fan turbine which circulates air through a 3D honeycomb mesh. I'm not familiar with how effective they are, but since they are much less expensive, they are probably not as good. Many of our drive-up tms will use battery operated personal fans that they have around their neck on a lanyard.

I would hope they'd be something like pre-constructed packs you put in the freezer (like the first aid gel cold packs), but then nobody would do that and they'd be useless. Unless you issued people a cold pack and it was their responsibility to cool it at home and bring it in and if they forget it/lose it, too bad.

I'd kill for something like that, tbh, and I don't even work drive up. I sweat constantly running around the sales floor. It's humid in domestics at my store (there's a fresh air intake, I think, that does it).
If your store has any cooling rags held at the service desk those are super helpful especially during unload. I have to order those constantly because we have a lot of TM using them.

I know my store allows it but I'm in a desert so just talk to your leadership and if it is a high-temperature place I don't see why they'd decline. As long as you look professional
Im in a target in Louisiana and they said “it is a corporate decision” !!! How do I apply pressure and get my right to wear shorts??

Im in a target in Louisiana and they said “it is a corporate decision” !!! How do I apply pressure and get my right to wear shorts??
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. Honestly dress code is arguable for most. as long as you look professional that's all that matters. I guess try to tell them that?

@TheCartGuy
It was Kartman. He passed away on 03-09-2020.
Today I have the sad job of announcing that one of our own, @Kartman "Butch" has passed away. He was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer several months ago and spent the last couple weeks in intense palliative care at a local hospital to keep him comfortable. I’m told he passed peacefully in his sleep.

He had some controversial opinions and an abrasive posting style that one would expect from a 63-year-old gruff arborist from Louisiana, but Butch was a good guy who ran his own forum for other arborists around the world, had two cats, and enjoyed playing numerous musical instruments.
Thanks
@Formina Sage

Back