Archived Dropping counts clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a dispute with a TM about something.

Scenario: Counts are off on lets say... Whitestrips. We have System says 10 Whitestrips, but there are 5 on the sales floor, 3 in the back room. What would be the proper way to get counts to "8". Would the person researching come by and just put in 5 in the PDA , or would they put in 8?

What im wondering is how does it work if someone 0s out something we have in backroom. Would the counts drop to the number entered or would it account for the items located in the backroom.
EX: 0 on the floor 3 in the back. Would entering 0 drop the counts to 0 or would it drop to 3 .

Last edited:
I couldn't tell you for sure, however, anytime I have to make a count change I use stand alone research (and toggle with item search). That's generally how I work through the drastic count report.

If I remember correctly, Onhands of 10, Salesfloor of 5 and a Backroom of 3 while you are scanning with all 5 on the shelf won't change any of the numbers as you aren't scanning the Backroom to verify their counts. If 0 were on the shelf and you entered that in it should lower the Onhands by 5. If the Onhands are 10 with a Backroom of 0 and none on the shelf then a 0 entered into the research function should wipe out the whole Onhands count. Remember though, a newly transitioned department should have a lock on changing all Onhands in that area for 2 weeks to allow for product floating around for a bit.

...... I have a headache now...

If you have product located in the backroom for a researched item you will not adjust the count at all, you will generate a pull for the items shelf capacity minus the amount you keyed in. If you want to update it you need to pull all on hands off location then stand alone research it and key in what your inventory is.

I have had wayyyy to much experience with count updates. This is how I do things at my store.... First thing to remember is you're not instocks so you aren't doing the same kind of scanning they are. Say the salesfloor has 5 and backroom 3. To change the count from 10 to 8 you go to stand alone research on the PDA. Scan the item and it will show the current on-hands as of around 4 AM for that day. (This # does not update throughout the day like it does in item search) The screen will say how many do you see, you enter 8. The screen will either pop up to "verify drastic count change" in which case you hit yes. Or may just return to the screen to scan a new next dpci. It depends on the item, dollar amount, etc. If the confirm drastic count screen came up the count was definitely changed. If it just returned to scan the next dpci the change might not go through. Certain items, like iPads, typically won't change the first time you scan them. I usually check the OH in item search the next day. If the OH is right it went through, if not you have to repeat this process all over. After trying to change the count 3 times on 3 different days if it does not go through that is when you submit a store count adjustment form on workbench. It will go to Pricing teams workload in about 3 days and they have to change it. My pricing TL didn't even know what it was the first few times I submitted one so they did nothing lol.

If I have a KTR on something like whitestrips I will always change the count myself. Instocks is just scanning outs for the most part now so if I don't change it, a month later it will still be -2 compared to the OH's. I also change counts a lot when I have more than what the OH shows. It's usually about 75% of my changes are to the positive in a month. The way I see it, if a TM knows we have 6 of an item and the system only shows we have 3... They start to think who's gonna know if I just take one?

Sorry for long post, but I could probably type pages on this subject. Hope it helped!

How do you account for count changes with reshop and stuff? That seems like it'd suck...

No count will be changed if there is a backroom location through stand alone research, a store count adjustment form must be submitted through workbench and it will come through your pricing team to verify the count.

Carts, when you are doing research it does not account for product in the back room. If you wanted to change your counts to 8, you gotta use stand alone research. All product in the backroom should be pulled, the count changed, then re-located.

Stand alone research zeros all locations so you only zero if you are sure there is no other location and none in the BR. Stand alone research also updates the count so you can use it to add to system on hands. On the other hand if you are scanning research in an Instocks task list and you zero that location and there is product in the BR then the system creates a batch to fill the empty location. If there is zero on hand it tells the system to "order" it from the DC. If you zero out a large amount of a particular item or a higher end item it will come up on the drastic count report so it can be further investigated and hopefully found before zeroing it out completely. That is why only people who know what they are doing should use stand alone research.

Scenario: Counts are off on lets say... Whitestrips. We have System says 10 Whitestrips, but there are 5 on the sales floor, 3 in the back room. What would be the proper way to get counts to "8". Would the person researching come by and just put in 5 in the PDA , or would they put in 8?

What im wondering is how does it work if someone 0s out something we have in backroom. Would the counts drop to the number entered or would it account for the items located in the backroom.
EX: 0 on the floor 3 in the back. Would entering 0 drop the counts to 0 or would it drop to 3 .

There is a ton of conflicting information in this thread... If you use Stand Alone Research on this item, it would not change... You cannot change an OH number DOWN if there are backroom locations for the item! That is a built in filter to make it function how its intended! The proper way to do it is to unlocate the product and attempt the research... if it doesn't work then do the count change form on Workbench! You can only change OH numbers when they have backroom locations if it is a count UP...

There is a ton of conflicting information in this thread... If you use Stand Alone Research on this item, it would not change... You cannot change an OH number DOWN if there are backroom locations for the item! That is a built in filter to make it function how its intended! The proper way to do it is to unlocate the product and attempt the research... if it doesn't work then do the count change form on Workbench! You can only change OH numbers when they have backroom locations if it is a count UP...

Thanks everyone.. and Rock Lobster I Figured it out. Im going to look into that "Count change form also".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back