Archived Drug testing for seasonal cashiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not - it's WAY expensive!

Of course not - it's WAY expensive!

Not only that, but imagine how many TMs we would have to term/potential TMs we'd have to pass on hiring if they'd smoked pot once in the past year. We'd lose at least half our cashiers and sales floor staff.

Hmm. Maybe I should get a Target hotbox party going on? Nah, terrible idea.

She just told me she applied--stay tuned. If there's any relevant updates, I'll post them here. I think as long as her store is still hiring seasonals and her question isn't too big a red flag, she's a shoe in for the job.

I just went through orientation yesterday (3rd time now lol) and none of us had a drug test.

We were told the store only does it if they find a good reason to or anytime someone passes out at work.

They stopped testing seasonal people I wanna say 2013. At the time they were still testing regular hires but if you were kept on from seasonal there would be no test.

Sometime later that year they stopped testing regular hires and would only test pharmacy, AP, and management positions. PMT also.

When I was hired as seasonal everyone was tested. Even after being promoted to AP later on I never was tested again. I do know another guy that started last year as seasonal then got promoted to TL later on and had to take a test at that point. So it seems like for certain roles you will be tested at some point depending on your hire date.

Hopefully your friend isn't Becky!!!
becky.jpg

we dont drug test at our store, since weve stopped weve gotten alot of odd balls that have come and gone.

The length of time it takes for THC (the active chemical in marijuana that is tested for) to leave the system mainly depends on two things:
1. The levels of THC in the system when the individual stops using.
2. The individual's own metabolism.

In short, someone who just smoked one hit for the first time in their life could pass a urine test in 3 days to 2 weeks, depending on how quickly they burn fat.

I smoked everyday for like 6 months and passed a urine test in 2 weeks. I didn't do anything special. I just stuck with my regular workouts, and quit smoking weed lol.

Working out has nothing to do with it.

Just tell her to wait a week or so. By then, the "one single hit" will be out of her system.

If she's lying about the "one single hit," then there could be problems.

Why do so many people feel the need to quote the previous post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back