Archived Dual Jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GozerZuul

FORMER fLOW tm. MOVED ONTO WALLY WORLD.
i got a interview at walmart today. i have asked HR about modifying my "work load" (the whole 6 hours a week of it) so that if i got out close to having to start morning truck at target i could. he just reiterated that i could take a LOA but "the needs of the business" would determine whether i could do that or not. i actually laughed at him. so quick question for all of ya, how many of you balance a target job with another and how many have just abandoned target altogether in favor of another employer? also if you have achieved this balance are any of you on flow/inbound and what should i be asking for to make it hapopen?

Put your needs before the needs of Target. If they aren't willing to work with you don't feel bad about leaving for a company that will. I don't think there are many employers out there who cut hours by 80% each year, who demand totally open availability, who gives you 20 hours one week, 4 hours the next, different days week to week and then deny you from changing your availability so you can find another job, or even find a second job.

Target is actively screwing over it's TMs and I don't know whose idea it was that it'd be a good thing.

I waited it out, hoping that yours would come back. Eventually I got sick of waiting and empty promises. That and being told to find another job if I didn't like the new process. Even if I gave in and ran with the new process I knew come January hours would just be reduced again. I left and the next day found a job w consistent hours, OT if needed, and for considerably more than Target was paying.

Leave Target and never look back.

I was running consumables for a good while but being carrot dangled so long I ended up leaving for a grocery chain full time early mornings. Our stores turnover is pretty terrible so they let me change my availability to one night a week. If your serious enough and they like you they will try make accommodations (ASANTS). There’s no conflict of interest, working at Target I promote Target. Guest can’t find it I will gladly recommend where they might find it elsewhere.

People wonder if it’s worth it for one day; with the discount/couponing it easily saves me about $1000 a year. Definitely worth it in my case.

Last edited:
If you're thinking of working at Walmart and Target, I'd check to see if that is a conflict of interest.
That's something that was actually mentioned in our ethics training huddle when they discussed having another job while at Target. ETL said "for the most part it's fine, as long as you're not going to Walmart or something."

I didnt even talk to my hr i just through in a change of availability request put personal and done. Aint none of their business how i pay my bills. If wally fits your life better dump spot and move on. Your responsible for you

🙄

well its been fun. ill still check these boards and listen to the hilarity but...im getting 14.10 a hour and working 33 hours a week for doing half of what i do now.SMH, cmon target get with it! on top of that both target and walmart dso a conflict of interest thing so i gotta drop target.

If you're thinking of working at Walmart and Target, I'd check to see if that is a conflict of interest.

Of course there are legalities to this, I'm fairly certain buried in the legalese we signed when getting hired, but literally, screw conflict of interest. If my interview pans out Friday, I'm changing my availability to one day a week, for 4 hours. That's so I can burn through all my vacation and stay a little while longer to hopefully retire and get whatever benefits they offer with retirement.

Back when I was looking at one of the many Walmart's near me, they were really looking for people to join full time with a consistent 40 hours a week doing exactly what I do as inbound, but they were also accepting part time. I decided to stay at Target because I liked working mornings and having my afternoons and evenings free. Walmart had a 2 or 3pm start time and 10/11pm end time. Plus, Walmart pushed freight at the busiest time of the day- during the evening rush. I don't think I could handle all the customers around as I'm trying to stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back