Archived E Tag Vs CRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I was recently GSTLing and had an interesting conversation with another Team Lead from the area.

First, lets preface.

When a guest returns an item, like a random video game (not all will auto-crc), that has the plastic ripped off or has the cover slightly damaged, or has a missing instruction booklet, we will generally defect the item out.

When we defect normally, the item will go into Salvage (SALV white sticker).

There is, on the salvage screen, also an option to override to destroy (K7). Occasionally when this button is pushed on a salvaged item, the item will produce an Electronic Waste sticker (E). This creates an interesting parallel, as a salvaged item will go on the Salavage list when the cart is closed, but the Electronic Waste sticker will go on the CRC list when that cart is closed.

The crux of the issue is this. There is a team lead that argues that we should always override to destroy an item not fit for the floor instead of salvage if it will produce an E sticker, as that action will put the item on the CRC list, and then Target Corp will get compensated for the amount.

So, what is right? If we can get an item on the CRC list under an E, should we always do that? What does the E really mean and why is it added to CRC? Anyone know?

I think if it's electronic recycling, it's just sent back to the CRC so they can recycle it responsibly. I don't believe we are paid for those items.

If it goes salvage, we are at least paid for it by the sheer fact that the second hand seller who gets it paid for it being part of the box/pound/pallet/however that stuff is paid for.

As far as I'm aware Electronic Recycling items don't get fully reimbursed, even though they are on the CRC list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back