I'm Lost! Educational leave of absence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I've been working at Target for 7 months now. But now I need a leave of absence for school. I just figured out my school schduele and I think I need a month to get adjusted to college. Target is my first job so I don't know much about this stuff but I have some questions... If you guys could help me that would be great!

1st) I'm thinking of requesting the time off tomorrow because I start school next week (15th), will they give it to me right away? Does it matter that I'm already schudeled for the next two weeks? The week after this upcoming one I'm scheduled to work almost every night, closing shift and that is unrealistic at this point since like I mentioned I'll be starting school and need to settle in with that. Does it matter that I'm already schdelued? I feel bad about leaving them to try and find someone to pick up my shifts but like I mentioned I only figured out my school schudele today. And usually I only work 3-4 times out of the week never a full week.

2nd) this is kind of random but is it a lot of paper work? Not that it matters but I'm wondering

3rd) is Target flexible with students with these type of things

You need to talk to your tl, etl or hr without delay. Waiting till the last minute is not a good thing. Put your shifts on swap board now.

You need to talk to your tl, etl or hr without delay. Waiting till the last minute is not a good thing. Put your shifts on swap board now.

This. Not to sound mean, but things like this sound be handled a couple of weeks to a month in advance. The retail world is a fast paced place.

Oh and Welcome! :excited:

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to the Break Room.

Yes, Target is supportive of students.
Yes, they get very cranky if you wait till the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back