Archived Educational Leave Request - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I've been planing for a while to take educational leave from target. My question is what's the limit time you can take the educational leave? Also what's the policy? For example: can they deny your request?

I've taken an educational LOA twice. One was January to May, with a week back during spring break, and the second was August to November, coming back before black friday. I'm not sure what the max is, but unless your HR is a complete tool there is no reason to deny your LOA.

the educational leave that I am familiar with is for a year at a time, needing to come back and work at least one shift before going on another educational leave. Most of our students work for the summer months, and come back for December to work for several weeks. It's wonderful when they come back and work the shifts we need - the kids want money and we get an eager trained team member!!

12 months is correct! You just have to work a shift every year (teehee).

I've noticed that at my store, team members who go away to school have trouble getting hours when they come back from LOA. I don't know if it's a MAX issue or if it's just my HR TL being her usual dunce self.

I've noticed that at my store, team members who go away to school have trouble getting hours when they come back from LOA. I don't know if it's a MAX issue or if it's just my HR TL being her usual dunce self.

wellllllll, when someone comes back from leave, they are not in MAX right away. They need to be edited in, that takes a little thought, planning, switching around, and remembering to do that for a week or two. Careful planning and communication when doing the schedule is possible - I like to keep notes on who is leaving, who is coming back, who is quitting, and when. It makes sense from an HR standpoint to have things done in a timely manner.

Annie, who can take an LOA?? Are TL's/AP eligible? I've never heard of any of those taking LOA's

once you have had 90 days of service you should be eligible - you can check with HROC @ 1-800-394-1885 to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back