Archived EHR Password? Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Guys! Few Questions- I'll just ask them all at one time!

Just had Orientation yesterday, Training starts tomorrow. So I'm a newbie :)

(1) How do you get an EHR Password set up? Is this something I will get in training?

I put on my avaliability, and confirmed in my interview that I could not work Tuesdays, and that I had a full time job during the day.
They gave me my handwritten schedule on Orientation, and a Tuesday is scheduled, during my full time work hours.

(2) Who do I talk to to have this changed?

I don't know who my current supervisor is yet. I am not sure I should go in and ask someone before I start work, or wait till the 15 Min Break. The other days scheduled are just fine! No problems!

Lastly, Im still a little confused about time off.

(3) I am unsure when to use the swap board vs filling out a unpaid time off form?

Thanks guys for your help! :)

(1) You'll have to set up eHR from a computer in your store. There's a whole process that you go through step by step when you do it.

(2) I tried to get my training schedule changed but was told either I show up or I would be termed automatically.

(3) Swap board is generally b person wants c day off so d person takes over that shift because they want more hours. At least that's how it's been going at my store so far.

I hope this was at least a little helpful.

"(2) I tried to get my training schedule changed but was told either I show up or I would be termed automatically".

Great...well looks like I'm fired. I can't give up my full-time employment. LOL I hope they will change it.

Mine got messed up right out of the box, and they swapped it for me (fortunately, mine was right before Black Friday, so there were several people they could pawn it off on without them knowing about it......

My first o/n training was on my birthday and I'd already made plans to go out. I got my schedule for training the day before at orientation. I wasn't happy to say the least but I went to my first night and pushed through it and went out the next night instead. You have to remember that at any point during your 90 days they can let go of you for any reason they want without having to justify it.

I understand dealing with a schedule your unhappy with. I like to work, and I am very flexible. I dont mind it! But I work at an Insurance Company, Full Time during the day. I was hoping that was understood that it is impossible for me to work during it.

Okay Guys! Few Questions- I'll just ask them all at one time!

Just had Orientation yesterday, Training starts tomorrow. So I'm a newbie :)

(1) How do you get an EHR Password set up? Is this something I will get in training?

I put on my avaliability, and confirmed in my interview that I could not work Tuesdays, and that I had a full time job during the day.
They gave me my handwritten schedule on Orientation, and a Tuesday is scheduled, during my full time work hours.

(2) Who do I talk to to have this changed?

I don't know who my current supervisor is yet. I am not sure I should go in and ask someone before I start work, or wait till the 15 Min Break. The other days scheduled are just fine! No problems!

Lastly, Im still a little confused about time off.

(3) I am unsure when to use the swap board vs filling out a unpaid time off form?

Thanks guys for your help! :)

1) There should be a computer (most likely in the break room) that is designated specifically for eHR. If you don't see it, or someone else is using it, any computer in the store can access it (you would just have to open it from the desktop just like you would any other program). Your Username is just your 8-digit Team Member number. They should've given you this at Orientation. Your default password will be FL#XXXX, where F is your first initial, L is your last initial, # is really just the # sign, and XXXX is the last four digits of your Social Security Number. For example, Joe Target's (SSN: 123-45-6789) default password is JT#6789. After you log in that way, you'll be prompted to set up a new password. It must be at least 6 characters long, include letters AND numbers, and use one of the following symbols: ! @ # $. Be warned, though: eHR is often down for maintenance, and it usually takes a few days before a new TM can successfully log in. So if it doesn't work at first, try again in a couple of days.

2) Talk to HR about the schedule conflict. If it is clearly stated in your availability that you cannot work that shift, they need to work it out with you. Nobody should EVER tell you that your employment is contingent on working outside of your availability. That is not Target policy. The only days they might insist are Thanksgiving weekend and maybe Christmas Eve, because those days are so busy. If your availability restriction is due to your 9-5 job, you probably won't be working it those days, anyway. But even so, they would know well ahead of time if they needed you and they still couldn't terminate you over it.

3)Time Off forms are for when you know before a schedule is made that you need a certain day off. Like, if you made plans to visit family on September 16th, since we're nowhere near scheduling that yet, you'd put in a TO request. the Swap Shift board is for trying to get a shift covered after the schedule has been posted. For instance, you find out today that a friend has an extra concert ticket for Friday night, but you're scheduled to work. You can post your shift and hope somebody picks it up. If nobody does, however, you are still responsible for that shift. If there's ever a "family emergency" sort of situation occurring on a day you're already scheduled (like a funeral, surgery, etc.) talk to HR and they should be willing to work with you.

Welcome to Target and thebreakroom!

1) There should be a computer (most likely in the break room) that is designated specifically for eHR. If you don't see it, or someone else is using it, any computer in the store can access it (you would just have to open it from the desktop just like you would any other program). Your Username is just your 8-digit Team Member number. They should've given you this at Orientation. Your default password will be FL#XXXX, where F is your first initial, L is your last initial, # is really just the # sign, and XXXX is the last four digits of your Social Security Number. For example, Joe Target's (SSN: 123-45-6789) default password is JT#6789. After you log in that way, you'll be prompted to set up a new password. It must be at least 6 characters long, include letters AND numbers, and use one of the following symbols: ! @ # $. Be warned, though: eHR is often down for maintenance, and it usually takes a few days before a new TM can successfully log in. So if it doesn't work at first, try again in a couple of days.

2) Talk to HR about the schedule conflict. If it is clearly stated in your availability that you cannot work that shift, they need to work it out with you. Nobody should EVER tell you that your employment is contingent on working outside of your availability. That is not Target policy. The only days they might insist are Thanksgiving weekend and maybe Christmas Eve, because those days are so busy. If your availability restriction is due to your 9-5 job, you probably won't be working it those days, anyway. But even so, they would know well ahead of time if they needed you and they still couldn't terminate you over it.

3)Time Off forms are for when you know before a schedule is made that you need a certain day off. Like, if you made plans to visit family on September 16th, since we're nowhere near scheduling that yet, you'd put in a TO request. the Swap Shift board is for trying to get a shift covered after the schedule has been posted. For instance, you find out today that a friend has an extra concert ticket for Friday night, but you're scheduled to work. You can post your shift and hope somebody picks it up. If nobody does, however, you are still responsible for that shift. If there's ever a "family emergency" sort of situation occurring on a day you're already scheduled (like a funeral, surgery, etc.) talk to HR and they should be willing to work with you.

Welcome to Target and thebreakroom!

Thank you so much! You answered these perfectly and they are really helpful and bring me some comfort in regards to my scheduling needs. (Due to Full Time Employment)
Makes perfect sense now thank you!

Thank you so much! You answered these perfectly and they are really helpful and bring me some comfort in regards to my scheduling needs. (Due to Full Time Employment)
Makes perfect sense now thank you!

Glad I could help :) I ran orientations at my store for a year, so I've heard all of those before. If your store is without an ETL-HR right now, I would talk to whoever did your Orientation (probably the HR Team Member). They'll be able to either take care of it themselves or figure out who to talk to.

Glad I could help :) I ran orientations at my store for a year, so I've heard all of those before. If your store is without an ETL-HR right now, I would talk to whoever did your Orientation (probably the HR Team Member). They'll be able to either take care of it themselves or figure out who to talk to.

I wish you did my orientation! LOL :) Girl who did mine was new at that position and wasnt sure a lot of the answers. Which I understand, I'm new too and know the feeling! I was just left a little confused was all on a few things unexplained.
You helped though! So I think I know what I'm doing now-well..for now. Tee Hee. :) I went in for Orientation early in the day because I was on vacation from full time employment. I'm not sure if the same HR Team Member that did my orientation will be there in the evenings when I am scheduled to work. I am confident someone will be able to help me, or lead me where I need to go. :)

Yeah, you'll be alright. If you can't find anyone, just go to the service desk. They'll be able to help her.

And that HRTM sounds a lot like me. Shortly after I started in that role, my ETL transferred, and I'd only done 2 orientations before that. There's a ton to go over, and a lot of stuff isn't in the script they give you.

Yeah, you'll be alright. If you can't find anyone, just go to the service desk. They'll be able to help her.

And that HRTM sounds a lot like me. Shortly after I started in that role, my ETL transferred, and I'd only done 2 orientations before that. There's a ton to go over, and a lot of stuff isn't in the script they give you.

Poor things! I know it was a ton of information for someone just learning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back