Archived Electronics team member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I've just been slotted to become a electronics team member at my local target and I was wondering what to expect ...

Do off the clock research because Target's definition of electronics training is a shitshow.

Push attachments like mad. Know your sales and TPC. If you can legitimately make a substitute and reasonable price reduction to make that attachment then do it. There are exceptions to this rule depending on the store. Don't be afraid to ask your leadership.

Red cards are not as huge focus in electronics compared to the front, except for this time of the year. Make sure you're following the prompts or when large purchases are being considered.

Don't. Stand. At. The. Boat.

This is prime time coming up. Certain items will be hdi (high demand items). Make sure you challenge your leadership to keep their commitment on what the quantities are that a guest can buy. This is to make sure we're as fair as possible. This is also to make sure you are not the target of people's ire.

Push that button for assistance if people are waiting. Let them know you see them and that help is coming. Christmas is when electronics and toys will shine.

Pay attention to where those keys are going.

Training? What Training? In all reality, I was just scheduled back there. No Training. Just the other day, I was training somebody else. I was given about an hour with him before his shift back in Electronics.

Well if it's anything like my store be ready to never actually be in electronics. Our leaders expect mobile to do electronics job.

Target have Garbage training! New people are expected to be able to do something people have been doing for years with just a few words and lines at most, then no further training!

No wonder I find so many people doing the stuff wrong all the time at Target!

Last edited:
Electronics at my store is actually covering 8 departments. And one TM responsible for it all. And guests. And the phone.

To say my store is understaffed is an understatement. Good luck finding someone to cover your break/meal.

Oh, and PDA's that don't work, if you're lucky enough to get one. And a walkie where the battery won't die on you after an hour.

But that's my store. Maybe at other stores, Electronics is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back