Electronics TM's get paid more...

Best practice is to chin wag with your guests as long as you can. Be sincere and conversational in such a way that keeps the conversation flowing naturally, and be sure to lean your elbow on a nearby surface for that relaxed body language. Most ideally your ETL should begin hovering in the background with smoke billowing from their ears while time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future - give them a wink if you like but continue to focus your attention on the guest until you have transcended time itself and are unconstrained by the "now" and the "later"...a meaningless construct in this state. Finally once you descend back to the mortal plane and the inevitable conversation, place your finger over the ETL's lips and whisper "ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ, ɪ ɢᴇᴛ ᴘᴀɪᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀ."

Best practice is to chin wag with your guests as long as you can. Be sincere and conversational in such a way that keeps the conversation flowing naturally, and be sure to lean your elbow on a nearby surface for that relaxed body language. Most ideally your ETL should begin hovering in the background with smoke billowing from their ears while time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future - give them a wink if you like but continue to focus your attention on the guest until you have transcended time itself and are unconstrained by the "now" and the "later"...a meaningless construct in this state. Finally once you descend back to the mortal plane and the inevitable conversation, place your finger over the ETL's lips and whisper "ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ, ɪ ɢᴇᴛ ᴘᴀɪᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀ."
you could be my hypnotist like in the movie Office Space only they didn't take my stapler..... they took my penny! the one i used to scratch gift cards...mmmmmm yup

I dont want to downplay what you have to do in tech but lets be real, gm tms do all that as well but many only have a 5 hour shift, where there is usually 2 people one opening amd one closing in tech. Everyone has too much to do. Should cleaners and cashiers make the same, idk, but if they didnt they would be calling out even more then they do now and wed all be stuck up there even more.

its a shit show in every department right now. im in tech. used to be a dollar extra for key holder then they changed it to 50 cents now its no extra but we still have the responsibility of key holder and get paid like everyone else and have to be dbo/push/salesplanner/rfid/one for ones/mirs/price change push the truck and secure every item thats over 40 bucks or whatever. spiderwrapping takes time and i still have tms that come to me to help them for that. books omg with the books and find room for the damn tvs. returns/zone/ strays/ defectives kinda hard to do with 50 guests in your face every second asking for xbox ps5 and pokemon cards or help with other departments because no one is scheduled or called out. guests still want a full on explanation between the difference of a roku and firestick the difference between the models why is this one more expensive etc..the difference between the chromebook and the windows laptops etc. should i get my kid a switch or a lite and whats the difference. i usually get good reviews but guests are starting to notice I am rushing them because in have so much work to get done and thats not good either. signed on to this job at first as a saleperson zoning and returns. now if i dont do my required daily task they have "conversations" with me. And omg the fuckin new iphone came out so we gotta have keepers and we dont even have all the cases and screen protectors out because the work just keeps piling up and too many chiefs not enough indians...and they are all happy because they hired some seasonal workers.but you all know how that goes..very rarely a few are actually helpful. its just a shit show all around imho
Sounds like my store.

Back