Archived Electronics to cut mobile in select stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our mobile guys are pretty much additional TMs, but they don't count against our payroll, right? We'd be toast without the mobile guys.

Back when I still worked at target, our mobile TMs we're great, helping members while we were busy and just great for passing time when it was slow as fuck.

There is a new position on JAS. "Electronics TM plus mobile"

The most fair way to do this would be to give Electronics + Mobile TMs a pay differential, but it still wouldn't be comparable pay to working at a carrier or anything

found the job description for electronics TM plus mobile:

Description: Demonstrate passion for electronics and deliver an exceptional guest experience by connecting guests to the right products to enhance their lives. Engage with guests. Ask open-ended questions and educate the guest on products, services, promotions and top sellers. Ensure current and on trend electronics product knowledge expertise in key electronics categories like smartphones and contract cell phones, TVs and video games. Own the Target Mobile business, actively selling smartphones/devices and contract cell phone products, service plans, warranties, trade-in, installation services and add-ons.
Qualifications:
Maintain knowledge of electronics sales including sales trends and profitability to understand business priorities and sales drivers to drive more productive workload. Proactively offer service plans and accessories, ensuring guest awareness of extended services such as warranty plans and installation services and ways to save with loyalty programs. Blend service, operational tasks and active selling routines throughout the day. Stay current with electronics trends and what is happening in the industry. Use real-life examples to inspire guests' purchases. Use routines to actively maintain brand presentation standards throughout the day, including keeping the sales floor fully stocked, zoned and in-stock.

How do they expect one electronics person to be able to zone, do reshops, contract cell phones, and focus on sales all while pushing pulls and be expected to get all of it done by close?

Because Electronics TMs can create miracles, didn't you know?

I swear, retail corporate and a lot of execs get off on seeing TMs struggle to get all the crap they expect us to get done. At our pay.

This won't work without serious coverage overlap. I witness with my own eyes countless times a tech target will be on the phone for over an hour to get something fixed on the carrier side. And that is the problem. Because the mobile world is prone to these breakdowns when setting up and transferring numbers, you have no choice but to schedule a high number of hours for relatively low number phone payouts. "Sorry LOD..didnt touch my zone or go backs.. I had 2 consumer cellular phones to activate".

We are a test store for this as well.. All we can see is alot of compliance over lunches not happening on time because sometimes it takes an hour or more to get the situation fixed, not to mention the rest of the store has to run for their call boxes.. And oh lord Thanksgiving and black Friday

We are a test store for this as well.. All we can see is alot of compliance over lunches not happening on time because sometimes it takes an hour or more to get the situation fixed, not to mention the rest of the store has to run for their call boxes.. And oh lord Thanksgiving and black Friday
Our store electronics is responsible for the freight too. What in the world are they thinking?

I remember we had to sell contract phones about 7 years ago, before mobile Target started. They just gave us a brochure and stack of paper and told us to go sell. No on-hands training, so my first time I sold one I just had to follow the prompt which was confusing. Any specific questions regarding the plan/billing/rates the guest had, well da hell do I know.

God, it's like everything is coming full circle again.

Here's what's going to happen, quote me in a couple years:

-New 'trained' position with higher paygrade

-Target will fill that position with excess hours to try and build up this brand that Target employees will help sell them cellphones (note: this is inconsistent in sales increase)

-After 6 months, Stores will begin to slowly siphon those hours to supplement other departments because obvious selling cellphones is either suuuuper easy or everyone is going to play the game of: "Wellllll, I'll just steal a little bit from them but we will TOTALLY make it up for them later" (here's a hint: this never happens)

-After a year Target will raise the expectation and goals, and when this starts to happen the stress will cause high turnover.

-Inconsistent branding will lead to lower sales, but obviously it's those terrible TMs faults. This is where the death spiral will begin to be noticeable.

-After 3 years the position will slowly be shaved down to the bone and either exist as an 'optional' position for 'advancement', or just sit in a binder and disappear as electronics and salesfloor have to roll in and take over the job. This will lead to further unreliable branding and lower sales.

-Hey, maybe we should consider hiring an outside vendor to handle this so that we don't have to deal with the paperwork!

I'll tell you from a mobile stand point, we in the black shirts have been expanding into other markets after Target was a great springboard.

Weve got programs in lowes, home depot, best buy, even some walmarts and a potential contract directly with Apple stores.

I know market wise, they hope to reduce our companies reliance on target over the next few years down into the 10-20% mark instead of about 80% that we are at.

Target is cutting cost and served marketsource purposes. Mind you those numbers are near backroom shop talk among DMs

I hope not we would be screwed without mobile and it would suck for the electronics expert that is a terriable idea!

We are testing it. It works great. More payroll for electronics. So when there’s no consumer cellular customers we can actually bust out the truck fast and one can stay at the boat while the other backstocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back