Archived Electronics to cut mobile in select stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Target reddit has a post from a TM saying that test stores plan to eliminate mobile will roll out in April. I've linked the post below for reverence.

What does everyone think about this? I can't imagine this will go well...

The Target reddit has a post from a TM saying that test stores plan to eliminate mobile will roll out in April. I've linked the post below for reverence.

What does everyone think about this? I can't imagine this will go well...

Fuck that noise. If I have to run credit checks for contact phones you best be paying me more...

Aed up the hours of mobile in the backroom on the phone helping one guest get a phone and you will go over in one day with no sales to show for it. So much fail

Hahah no.

We're end to end here and this wouldn't work at all. I've seen them take 30 minutes plus for a single guest.

"Hey, we're gonna need you to push the truck, while doing everything else that needs to be done WHILE taking care of the mobile guests, oh wait you're not done yet, what's taking so long?"

All of my nope, especially when there's only 1 person for the day and one for the night. There's no hours for this

On a related note, does anyone know if there is a way for, say, an electronics Team Member to look up more information on this? Specifically if said TMs store is one of the test stores?

Mobile is actually incredibly helpful at my store. Well, the TL for mobile is. They take care of the guests up by the boat for me when I'm zoning or doing pulls. On days we have a filler or one of them doesn't come in, it's a sh*t show. We're called up every two seconds because they don't know what they're doing.

Old people are going to be so mad. This makes me happy knowing these cranky fucks will have to wait even longer for their crappy phones
time-to-fap-gn-12089702.png

Old people are going to be so mad. This makes me happy knowing these cranky fucks will have to wait even longer for their crappy phones
time-to-fap-gn-12089702.png

Whenever I see an elderly person come in at 802am and head to electronics, I think
... here we go. "No, there's no one here to help you. Yes, I know you saw it on a tv commercial. Yes, they should have said that it was only at certain times. Yes, I know you've been up since 445am watching the news." Always the same.

We found out Wednesday that we were going to be one of the stores. We are e2e too, so I'm hoping they schedule accordingly. Our electronics tms are all hesitant for this change.

lol why the fuck would anybody do this when there's probably a Verizon or AT&T store just across the street that will pay you more to deal with way less shit, if phones are your thing

Which is exactly what a friend of mine does. The Verizon store pays her $16 an hour, the customer service is 1:1 and mostly business customers who are usually professional and rarely grouchy. Her entire day is activating phones, changing or adding features and talking to people in a MUCH quieter store. I would be doing this myself except that I suck at selling and stacking those attachments

IMO they should have Mobile TMs. Basically Electonics TMs but only do mobile. That we we eliminate market source but still have time to help the guest

IMO they should have Mobile TMs. Basically Electonics TMs but only do mobile. That we we eliminate market source but still have time to help the guest
Good idea in theory, but in practice it would be horrible. That means they would have to have specialized TM's, with separate payroll that probably want to be paid more. And what exactly would they do in slow times? Can't exactly have someone who's getting paid more do the same shit as electronics, waste of money.

I would agree, I feel like they would be made to do pulls and other crap that isn't mobile related because its now store "payroll" hours. Your mobile guy is gonna be in seasonal doing pulls instead.

My store has not had mobile for almost 3 years now......we only sell prepaid..and technically not allowed to activate for them because we no longer have the mobile kiosk..we can offer them to use pur phone but they CANNOT use the display to try to activate pre paid phones becaise of the risk of personal info exposed. The business for mobile was super slow practically dead...occasionally i will get a guest ask about it and I have tp refer them to other store but the closest one is 45 minutes away.

Don't see this working out.

My store is one of the pilot stores that has a vendor push Movies and omg it's finally full for once even the new releases in the checklanes.

I heard some stores were piloting mobile running all of electronics.

Back when I was an electronics red shirt, I spent a LOT of time trying to explain to guests that only black shirts do phones, there's no black shirts, I don't know why, and I have no way to contact them. Had people get mad at me about it all the time, and several times had to bring in a GSTL or LOD. End of the day, Marketsource, at least in my district, just wasn't consistingly having a mobile rep available to sell phones, and Target was left dealing with the pissed off customers and loss of reputation. I don't know how much of that is ASANTS and how much isn't, but having an outside contractor was not working for us. My chosen solution would be to just bump up electronics pay again, mandate at minimum 2, preferably 3, TMs be in electronics at a time, and then make the red shirts handle the phones. It may not be ideal, but I'd have preferred that to the endless flak I got for mobile being straight up unavailable so much.

Granted, I hear many stories of electronics TMs in other stores working toys or seasonals, a thing that was just not done in my store. We locked up EVERYTHING, so we had strict rules that we never left the department to help guests elsewhere in the store. Ever. We'd walkie Hardlines or tell guests to hit the call buttons. Because of that, this might actually work in my store if the electronics hours allotment was at least doubled. If electronics has to work other sections? Fuck no, this wouldn't work.

I have a sneaking suspicion my old store is a test store. I might drop by to see.

Last edited:
My chosen solution would be to just bump up electronics pay again, mandate at minimum 2, preferably

This will never happen due to pay. Our market source deal is very favorable too us

They need to do away with mobile being treated like a vendor and just bring them on as TMs. Those fuckin guys always lose keys or piss off guests with misinformation on other electronics with little recourse. Call their DM and complain, their DM calls them to “chew them out”. The DM never checks in with leadership when they come in to avoid actually discussing mobile’s behavior. Their shenanigans like throwing away and giving out demos got to the point where high dollar displays have to be given to me for safe keeping because they can’t be trusted with any responsibility.

We are a PILOT store and I heard there is some testing coming out for Electronics which amplifies the position. We already have a movie vendor that takes care of physical. We are getting more payroll in Electronics and that's the department I'll be running, so let's see what comes of it.

Although I doubt it since Mobile is getting bigger and bigger in my store at least, sometimes we have 3 of them scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back