Elimination of paper paychecks?

Our store recently announced the elimination of paper paychecks as of the next payroll cycle Those who don't use direct deposit will have their money put on a US Bank payroll card.

Not too many workplaces offer paper paychecks in 2021, so I'm not necessarily surprised at this since retrieving those paychecks does involve a lot of time. But is this a new companywide policy or just a local ASANTS?

That’s over at my store. No paper ads either. Now if paper sale signs and labels would just go away. I bet the amount of money they spend on print and shipping the signs would pay for new technologies. Factor in the payroll to put up and take down the signs. Also, there’s the fact that we spend all day every day changing prices because things are in the wrong place or old ads are left up.
I have to be honest, we throw a lot of signs out every week. There just aren’t enough people put them up or take them down.
Wow! Sorry! I’m tired and rambling.

I hate when they are at GS and when someone wants their $900 paper check cashed at 9pm

That’s over at my store. No paper ads either. Now if paper sale signs and labels would just go away. I bet the amount of money they spend on print and shipping the signs would pay for new technologies. Factor in the payroll to put up and take down the signs. Also, there’s the fact that we spend all day every day changing prices because things are in the wrong place or old ads are left up.
I have to be honest, we throw a lot of signs out every week. There just aren’t enough people put them up or take them down.
Wow! Sorry! I’m tired and rambling.
I always thought about Target investing in either the electronic price tags like they have in Kohls or the e-paper tags (looks more like actual paper) as they have in a store in the UK called John Lewis. I personally like the e-paper tags because it still looks like paper, it's less distracting, and possibly less likely to be stolen. Link to e-paper. Link to photos of Kohls's digital price tags.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that Target still prints the labels on long strips of paper.

Seems very 1990s!
Paper sometimes I’m ok with.. I don’t want to see Target try to make that digital because they would definitely not get it right the first time..
One less thing for HQ to screw up. Target as of late has not had the most reliable systems and even when they are reliable they are buggy with issues that take weeks for HQ to fix.

Target did test electronic labels maybe 10 years ago. They decided not to use it cause of costs. Granted now I'd assume it is a lot cheaper.

While we're on paper printing, someone tell corporate to put an option not to print receipts anymore. I go on my break and buy one drink everyday, I don't need a long CVS Size paper receipts. It's such a waste.

While we're on paper printing, someone tell corporate to put an option not to print receipts anymore. I go on my break and buy one drink everyday, I don't need a long CVS Size paper receipts. It's such a waste.
since we have this option at regular checkout i think its just a matter of time before it comes to sco

Back