Sales Floor ELOA

Hey guys update. My ETL finally denied me of my availability change after two weeks of trying. So I decided to take educational leave of absence. That’s my only option Bc I don’t wanna lose my job completely it took me forever to get it. Anyways I was talking to my my dad and we are wondering is it even possible for me to collect unemployment while on ELOA?? They are practically forcing me too or I quit and I won’t be able to finish my two weeks by the time my schooling starts. And I need the money.

Hey guys update. My ETL finally denied me of my availability change after two weeks of trying. So I decided to take educational leave of absence. That’s my only option Bc I don’t wanna lose my job completely it took me forever to get it. Anyways I was talking to my my dad and we are wondering is it even possible for me to collect unemployment while on ELOA?? They are practically forcing me too or I quit and I won’t be able to finish my two weeks by the time my schooling starts. And I need the money.
alright well ELHR is giving me the run around and seems like they are trying everything to not give me my LOA I kept calling the target disabilities people I keep meeting with HR to finally tell me I’m not quilfied for leave of absence so they can’t give it to me?? IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED? I finally decided all this stress isn’t worth it and I’m quitting I’m not even gonna be able to do my full two weeks.

Spot might be mad at you for waiting till the last minute. You did tell spot that you were in school when hired?
I told my boss I was changing my schedule for work bc of school wayy before and he kept pushing back checking my availability I gave him plenty of time to check on it.

Edu LOAs cannot be denied so long as you provide advance notice and you are not within 90 days, and you are actually using it for education. Even though you provided notice about your availability change, you didn't provide notice about the LOA.

I told my boss I was changing my schedule for work bc of school wayy before and he kept pushing back checking my availability I gave him plenty of time to check on it.
You can't just "give them time", sadly. You have to follow up and make sure it gets approved. Every day you're in "hey ETL XYZ, did you get a chance to look over my availability?", also print out the change form and put it in their box as a physical remind.

Aren't you close to your 90 days? Maybe their delaying your time off because they haven't decided if they wanted to keep you or not. Are you still a seasonal tm or permenant?

Last edited:
alright well ELHR is giving me the run around and seems like they are trying everything to not give me my LOA I kept calling the target disabilities people I keep meeting with HR to finally tell me I’m not quilfied for leave of absence so they can’t give it to me?? IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED? I finally decided all this stress isn’t worth it and I’m quitting I’m not even gonna be able to do my full two weeks.
Why are you calling, "Disabilities People?"
How long have you worked at Target? There might be a minimum time worked to go on educational LOA.

This^ Leave and Disability DO NOT help with going on ELOA. they only can help once you’re on one.
The op didn't tell spot until November, after they started in end of September.

The op didn't tell spot until November, after they started in end of September.
That would be in 90 days, they can say no to any avail change, time off, or LOA for any reason. Sorry OP

Why are you calling, "Disabilities People?"
How long have you worked at Target? There might be a minimum time worked to go on educational LOA.
They were giving me the run around sending to all the wrong people it was frustrating

That would be in 90 days, they can say no to any avail change, time off, or LOA for any reason. Sorry OP
Heck they would say that even if you worked there for years. They did it one of my co-workers who had a just as legit reason. She had kids and her mother who normally took care of them was sick with cancer and she couldn't do anymore. So she asked not to be put so early so she could care for them because they were to young for school. Daycare was too expensive.They denied saying it was too restrictive. Bunches of jerks.

Last edited:
Back