Archived Embarrassing Work Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
The other day, I pulled my back in the backroom by throwing toilet paper up a ladder to another BRTM...

I was in process of training a new TM. As I was walking and talking with him on the left, I noticed out of the side of my eye on the ground. I veered to pick it up while noting that if you see things on the ground, pick them up.

What I didn't see is the reason why things were on the ground. A guest was crouched over looking at DVDs on the bottom shelf.

Tripped over them and sprawled out. It was like the perfect storm of embarrassment. Although I used it as a teaching moment "........... don't do that."

I think I broke two ribs about 3 weeks ago, picking up a shopping cart full of cardboard because I was frustrated at the lack of walking space in the stockroom. I've only told my girlfriend about it. It was really dumb. I'm pretty sure there was nothing a doctor would've done about it but give me pain meds.

Nearly killed myself stepping out of the Wave when I thought it was all the way down and it was still about five feet off the floor.
Positive: Doing it in Softlines so I had carpet to faceplant on.
Negative: Doing it in front of a cute girl and her even better looking mom.

I had a flex fulfillment for a grill come in. Sent me to the sales floor, so I grabbed a flat, and put the grill on it. Only the grill had wheels on it. I pushed the flat, and as you expected, the grill started to roll off the flat and I tried to stop it, it caught my thumb and took a good chunk of skin out. Oh yeah, and the next day I found out that grill was a display model and couldn't be sold anyway.

Another time while pulling a single pack (not a box) of batteries in the backroom, I pulled a muscle and could barely walk.

Last edited:
Eh. I am genuinely surprised I don't have any embarrassing moments. How could that be possible for me?!

Once a girl called out the night before her shift. The LOD was busy, so he had me take the call. So I told him about it, and meant to make a note for the opening GSTL. Well.....I completely forgot to do that. So when I came in the next day and saw that someone wrote "NCNS" next to her name, I freaked out a little, and made sure to tell the GSTL, "Wait no, she called, I'm just a moron!"

I once had an old man make a complaint about me for carding him for alcohol. While talking to the LOD, he didn't make an effort to remember my name, so I heard him refer to me by naming me after a certain female anatomical feature off mine. "That girl with the ______!" It was mostly embarrassing because it's just weird to think, "Great, now everyone is thinking about my body parts."

This didn't happen at Target, but one of my first closing shifts at a Meat Counter, I accidentally dropped an entire tray of Tilapia on the ground. Luckily there was so much of it, I was able to salvage some at the top of the pile. But most of it went into the trash. :(

And when I was a cake decorator, when I was asking a customer what kind of cake they wanted, when I meant to ask, "What kind of filling would you like for the cake?".......I accidentally said, "What kind of filling would you like for your cock." LOL.

i had lost alot of weight as a cart attendant in the florida heat and so my pants were pretty baggy.. I wore a really old belt to work one day, and apparently it snapped in half when I was working. I was behind the service desk grabbing my salvages at the end of the night and while moving a big sterilite box my pants dropped around my knees. Good thing I wore my good underwear that day ;) my ETL-GE saw it all happen and had me zip tie my pants up the rest of the night.. Lol.

also an embarrassing moment turned funny.. I was giving the guest a shirt off a mannequin and was having trouble getting the thing off the platform.. and this snobby woman said "well, at least you get to touch a naked woman for once" and after the rage subsided I said, "at least these shut up when you want them to.. oh wait.. this is a medium.. don't you need an XL?" :D

I washed my clothes the night before one of my food ave shifts and somehow ended up with a pair of panties stuck in my pant leg that I didn't notice until a bathroom break. I walked around the whole day with a random lump in my pant leg and didn't even notice q_q

When the new chip card readers were activated I was trying to explain to an older pharmacy guest how to use it. I told him to put it in as far as it would go. He said, "I bet you love saying that!" I am easily embarrassed and my face was as red as my shirt. I decided to work on my chip card speech after that.

I washed my clothes the night before one of my food ave shifts and somehow ended up with a pair of panties stuck in my pant leg that I didn't notice until a bathroom break. I walked around the whole day with a random lump in my pant leg and didn't even notice q_q

Lmfao! Omg that happened to me too once. I was in the line for communion at church, when I felt something fall down my leg. I looked down and a pair of undies were on the ground. Ugh! Pain! My soul! Why!

in quick succession on one shift I knocked over a cup full of espresso and mocha, went on to brew a full pot of coffee into an airpot that was already full, then almost fell over while cleaning it up right in front of guests. I've also dropped a full inclusions bin of dried raspberries on my foot, knocked over a steaming pitcher full of milk for a venti beverage, given myself an accidental shower with our blender pitcher rinser (hey, it was new, and literally every one of us did it the first time we saw it apparently by deciding to poke it to see how it worked), sprayed milk in my face when I accidentally started steaming milk in a cup and jerked it back instinctively without turning off the steam wand... and I'm sure there's more. I'm the clumsiest barista in the world, I swear.

those honestly aren't that embarrassing though because I own it. the other night I was writing a cup for a British guest and even though I verified his name with him I thought it was rather an odd name. but Pizza it was, if that was what he wanted to be called. I walked into the back to do some dishes and only then did it occur to me that his name was probably Peter. I could not come out of the back until he was gone because I was so embarrassed. I asked my partner and she confirmed that his name was Peter, but said she figured I'd messed it up so she didn't even call out his name, just handed him the cup. hopefully he didn't read it.

in quick succession on one shift I knocked over a cup full of espresso and mocha, went on to brew a full pot of coffee into an airpot that was already full, then almost fell over while cleaning it up right in front of guests. I've also dropped a full inclusions bin of dried raspberries on my foot, knocked over a steaming pitcher full of milk for a venti beverage, given myself an accidental shower with our blender pitcher rinser (hey, it was new, and literally every one of us did it the first time we saw it apparently by deciding to poke it to see how it worked), sprayed milk in my face when I accidentally started steaming milk in a cup and jerked it back instinctively without turning off the steam wand... and I'm sure there's more. I'm the clumsiest barista in the world, I swear.

those honestly aren't that embarrassing though because I own it. the other night I was writing a cup for a British guest and even though I verified his name with him I thought it was rather an odd name. but Pizza it was, if that was what he wanted to be called. I walked into the back to do some dishes and only then did it occur to me that his name was probably Peter. I could not come out of the back until he was gone because I was so embarrassed. I asked my partner and she confirmed that his name was Peter, but said she figured I'd messed it up so she didn't even call out his name, just handed him the cup. hopefully he didn't read it.

You know the 35 gallon containers of vegetable oil in food ave?
I dropped one. Spilled the whole thing. The cart attendent cleaned it up while I cried in the walk in.
I feel your pain; both of you.

I was distracted one night as I did the closing announcement. I ran through the entire spiel we say, and at the end, I said, "Thank you for shopping at Walmart and have a nice evening."

Most nights I doubt anyone hears the announcements. But let me tell you, every single guest and TM in the store burst out laughing. And the LOD came over the walkie and told me I was fired. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back