Employee Surveys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Target have surveys for employees to rate their work experience and the store's management?

If so, does it happen before seasonal employees are let go after Christmas?

My store's management sucks and I would love to anonymously let corporate know how incompetent they are.

Does Target have surveys for employees to rate their work experience and the store's management?

My store's management sucks and I would love to anonymously let corporate know how incompetent they are.
We can help too, what the problem is?

Holy crap you actually made it a full year? I thought for sure you would have walked out last Q4.

And there is an annual survey every Spring. The store is graded on participation, so they'll likely be trying to make sure everyone takes it.

Holy crap you actually made it a full year? I thought for sure you would have walked out last Q4.

And there is an annual survey every Spring. The store is graded on participation, so they'll likely be trying to make sure everyone takes it.

I was only a seasonal employee last year and a seasonal employee again this year.

If the survey is in the spring, it does not help.

I was only a seasonal employee last year and a seasonal employee again this year.

While I respect a lot of your opinions for the most part a survey of seasonal hires is not very helpful.

Many of them end the season jaded because they weren't offered a permanent position.

Some have unrealistic expectations "What do you mean I can't have thanksgiving off, even though I didn't request it during my interview"

It's like taking surveys only from the people whose returns you deny.

While I respect a lot of your opinions for the most part a survey of seasonal hires is not very helpful.

Many of them end the season jaded because they weren't offered a permanent position.

Some have unrealistic expectations "What do you mean I can't have thanksgiving off, even though I didn't request it during my interview"

It's like taking surveys only from the people whose returns you deny.

I respect your opinions as well. You are absolutely correct that seasonal hires may be jaded at the end of the season. I was jaded last holiday season and I am even more jaded this holiday season.

However, I am sure there is valuable information that can be gained from getting the opinions and insights of seasonal hires. These are people who do not have to worry about angering the permanent STL, ETLs, and TLs and dealing with the consequences throughout the year. These are people who may come from many different backgrounds and fields and choose to work at Target during the holiday season for a variety of different reasons.

If all you ask is the opinions of permanent Target employees, you will always get Target answers.

Target's stock is down nearly 20% this year.

Also, I have read a lot of posts criticizing seasonal hires on here including one thread asking if it is worth even training seasonal hires.

If Target knew what seasonal hires thought, maybe they can change or alter the way they hire and/or train the following year's seasonal hires. Maybe Target can avoid the problems that negatively affect seasonal hires.

Ultimately, Target might be able to attract better quality seasonal hires which would benefit the company/store as a whole, holiday sales, and the quality of those asked to stay permanently.

I would, at the very least, ask to sit down with your HR when you leave and express your concerns. But since it seems to be your stores management that is the issue (and going to HR might not help with that), I would maybe try and see if you can get your district leader's information so you can contact them directly. Gotta be on the internet somewhere? I dunno.

Ok, so it doesn’t help. Like I said, tell us your problem and we will help.
You are being F”””@&)ing ridiculous

You are only allowed to do that if you get selected to work aftre christmas. Seasonal aren't. The purpose of Seasonal is to support the full time and permanent part time. If you hate the mgmt, be thankful when you get your last check and move on. Otherwise no, you wont other than here.

I respect your opinions as well. You are absolutely correct that seasonal hires may be jaded at the end of the season. I was jaded last holiday season and I am even more jaded this holiday season.

However, I am sure there is valuable information that can be gained from getting the opinions and insights of seasonal hires. These are people who do not have to worry about angering the permanent STL, ETLs, and TLs and dealing with the consequences throughout the year. These are people who may come from many different backgrounds and fields and choose to work at Target during the holiday season for a variety of different reasons.

If all you ask is the opinions of permanent Target employees, you will always get Target answers.

Target's stock is down nearly 20% this year.

Also, I have read a lot of posts criticizing seasonal hires on here including one thread asking if it is worth even training seasonal hires.

If Target knew what seasonal hires thought, maybe they can change or alter the way they hire and/or train the following year's seasonal hires. Maybe Target can avoid the problems that negatively affect seasonal hires.

Ultimately, Target might be able to attract better quality seasonal hires which would benefit the company/store as a whole, holiday sales, and the quality of those asked to stay permanently.

I ran a hotel (director of hospitality) repaired computers for companies and ran a sonic drive in. So I can say with confidence no.

There is NO valuable info you can give me. You can give me your opinion. As I just said the purpose of Seasonal hires is support staff. You are hole fillers. You are here to make my job, my teams job and the rest of permanent teams jobs easier.

I know this will sound mean and I apologize if you think this but its true.

In the Christmas story, you know with Mary and Joseph, seasonal employees are the donkey. No one cares about the donkey's opinion. No one cared what happened to the donkey after Mary and Joseph found the manger. Yes we put a doney in the scene and its important, it served its purpose.

If you show your mgmt, you have value to them, they will make room for you. However, if you show up just needing a few bucks for the season then thats all you will get. You want a job in retail, never apply during the holiday season. You want a quick $500 and don't care about Thanksgiving then by all means come.

See for you (or any other seasonal person) to stay you take hours from permanent TMs. Our seasonal are cashiers, CAs and Flex. Thats it. Our end to end people were hired before the holiday hiring and will be replaced with some stellar flex people. Our dedicated flex people got the best hours. Our dedicated CAs get their choice of days. Our dedicated cashiers were the ones that got asked if they wanted to work Thanksgiving night or Friday or both.

Our seasonal got none of this. If you truly think your store is incompetent then I suggest you move on and go somewhere next year.

I would, at the very least, ask to sit down with your HR when you leave and express your concerns. But since it seems to be your stores management that is the issue (and going to HR might not help with that), I would maybe try and see if you can get your district leader's information so you can contact them directly. Gotta be on the internet somewhere? I dunno.
No for that reason.

Unfortunately the truth is your opinion holds little weight. Seasonal is like the bench warmers. You haven't really gotten into how to actually work with management so they're not going to care.

Her problem is they are treating her like she is seasonal. She gets crappy hours and crappy workloads. They also wont offer her a permanent spot. Attitude is as important as knowledge.
So why wont she just say so?

Not from me. The first few years, I gave glowing survey responses and I believed what I was saying. They don't get those glowing responses from me anymore, to the point where the system suggests that I might want to discuss my concerns with HR. Um, no, discussing my concerns with the STL is what got me in such hot water in the first place. Now I just keep my head down, get my work done and leave. My area's employment situation is finally showing some major improvement, so after the holidays, my casual "keep my eyes open for other opportunities" approach will ramp up.

Her problem is they are treating her like she is seasonal. She gets crappy hours and crappy workloads. They also wont offer her a permanent spot. Attitude is as important as knowledge.

First, I am a he.

Second, I have zero interest in a permanent spot working for Target.

Third, I only complain about my hours when Target schedules me against my availability (they have) and when they schedule me with no respect for my health and well being (they have). I would support anyone who complains when Target schedules them against their availability and with no respect for their health.

I ran a hotel (director of hospitality) repaired computers for companies and ran a sonic drive in. So I can say with confidence no.

There is NO valuable info you can give me. You can give me your opinion. As I just said the purpose of Seasonal hires is support staff. You are hole fillers. You are here to make my job, my teams job and the rest of permanent teams jobs easier.

I know this might sound mean but:

#1 - If you had all those jobs and had no valuable information to give Target, then you are worthless and incompetent. You should have been able to bring knowledge and expertise from those jobs to benefit Target and your store.

#2 - You are a perfect example of why Target's stock is down and Target's sales are declining. You think you know everything and all a seasonal employee is a "hole filler". I am sure you know nothing and are lucky to have a job in retail.

#3 - Seasonal employees are not there to make your job easier. They are there to help the added customers that shop each day. They are there to put out the extra stock that is bought each day.

I am sure you are one of the lazy employees who will stand around talking and gossiping instead of actually working. I am sure you think seasonal employees are your slaves or interns there to allow you to take hour long 15s and two hour long meal breaks.

I meaaan, so a lot of the responses are from the jaded and cynical like me. I think we only get good scores on our survey when turnover is up because new people (except in AA lately) usually seem to be happier with target.

If you're being scheduled outside of your availability, when the schedule goes up, go to hr and make them fix it. That's what I do when it happens to me. I'm sure it annoys them, but that's not really my problem. They approved my availability and the other people's on my team. If our collective availabilities don't work, I need to be asked first if I can make a change. You have to go to them to set your max hours too. Setting it through ehr hasn't worked in years.

"I know this might sound mean but" ... it doesn't sound mean. It is mean. Seasonal employees are in more of a supportive role, though. It takes a long time for new TMs to learn all the shit target has going on during any other time of year. So surely you can't expect someone who just started to learn everything during q4. It's difficult. Having more people to maintain the crazy ass zone and go for backup etc helps everyone. Issa team effort. No one thinks you're an intern slave at 11.50 an hour.

This is getting a little boring but let me say it again.
Here at TFP you can have any opinion you want.
You can tell people those opinions in long, detailed posts.
Other people have the right to disagree with you and reply to you in same.

What nobody can do is insult you and you don't get to insult them.
And by this I don't mean hurt your feelings by critiquing your work methods.
I mean calling someone lazy, dumb, stupid, moronic, etc.
Just check yourself.
Please don't make me get out the hammer.

I meaaan, so a lot of the responses are from the jaded and cynical like me. I think we only get good scores on our survey when turnover is up because new people (except in AA lately) usually seem to be happier with target.

If you're being scheduled outside of your availability, when the schedule goes up, go to hr and make them fix it. That's what I do when it happens to me. I'm sure it annoys them, but that's not really my problem. They approved my availability and the other people's on my team. If our collective availabilities don't work, I need to be asked first if I can make a change. You have to go to them to set your max hours too. Setting it through ehr hasn't worked in years.

"I know this might sound mean but" ... it doesn't sound mean. It is mean. Seasonal employees are in more of a supportive role, though. It takes a long time for new TMs to learn all the shit target has going on during any other time of year. So surely you can't expect someone who just started to learn everything during q4. It's difficult. Having more people to maintain the crazy ass zone and go for backup etc helps everyone. Issa team effort. No one thinks you're an intern slave at 11.50 an hour.
Its sounds mean if you don't like being called a donkey.
However, it wasn't mean. The donkey was very much a support role and the most important temporary role there was. Its not an insult. It wasn't taken as one.

Support staff aren't slaves and I have no idea where anyone got that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back