Archived Employee Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl at our store was busted red handed stuffing her pockets at the end of her shift. Our store is one of an old school setup with Guest Services immediately to the right as you walk in the door. You have to walk in another set of sliding glass doors to access it. Anyway, we keep carts under a half wall for reshop so one half is where Guest Services greets guests and the other side of the wall is where we keep our equipment (my devices, printers, etc.). Apparently she was putting some things on "hold" for guests and at the end of her shift she would stuff her pockets and put her equipment away. Thought Target had cameras all over, but I guess wherever there isn't a black dome, no camera is watching. I then found out that we have some "blind" spots in our parking lot where cameras can't see. Our AP walked around the corner and saw her stuffing her jacket. Sigh, we should have known she was stealing when she was wearing a jacket when it is 85+ degrees outside! Just recovered video games this time around, but who knows what else she got away with! Big brother isn't able to watch all the time...

Guess I am just surprised with inventory checks that she wasn't caught sooner! My jaw dropped when AP said if there isn't a black dome, no camera or visibility is present. Figured they would have hidden cameras or something, but I guess not.

Guess I am just surprised with inventory checks that she wasn't caught sooner! My jaw dropped when AP said if there isn't a black dome, no camera or visibility is present. Figured they would have hidden cameras or something, but I guess not.
Spot was watching & waiting for them.

it's not a good thing to steal !!

sign_2.png

are_your_employees_stealing_from_you_are_you_sure.jpg

There are coverts. Every etl ap has pinhole cameras and receivers

Yes, it is true that Target has hidden cameras everywhere. With tm theft, AP will sometimes wait for the dollar amount to get to a certain point, so that they have a better criminal case. At least, that is what I was always told...

I guess she always went behind the half wall in guest services which pretty much hides you are from eye sight. All we have in the area are shelves and a large red equipment cabinet along with the key box and mydevices for registries. Unless the covert camera is somewhere in the ceiling tile, it might be dumb luck the AP TL was rounding the corner as she was filling her pockets. I guess with Target nothing surprises me...

Your free to post what you want......but I suggest you keep incidents like this off a public forum.

And just because you don't see a dome you shouldn't assume there is no camera.

I kinda feel bad for one of our senior team leaders who got caught stealing. she was initially an executive team leader, but she went over her FMLA leave and they demoted her Senior team leader. her husband lost his job. After that, she started stealing money and was eventually caught after an investigation. she was an excellent worker, it's always the ones you would never expect

I guess she always went behind the half wall in guest services which pretty much hides you are from eye sight. All we have in the area are shelves and a large red equipment cabinet along with the key box and mydevices for registries. Unless the covert camera is somewhere in the ceiling tile, it might be dumb luck the AP TL was rounding the corner as she was filling her pockets. I guess with Target nothing surprises me...
Just to give you an idea..

Once we had a team member using a small conf Room to steal ipods. He would throw them across the cieling from electronics, then go retrieve them.

We took a smoke detector from the floor, took the insides out, and put the pinhole inside of it, with the camera facing out where the red led would be. Then we stuck it on the wall in the conference room.

A week later he no longer worked there.

With how some stores having fewer resources for AP, Target will not bother with TM or Guest theft if it is for petty stuff. They will only go after them when they can build a case.

Believe me Target has more eyes in the sky other than the black domes. I have seen pin hole cameras in fake sprinklers and exit signs, or just drilled through the ceiling tile. Its how one of my old FATLs got busted for stealing food.

With how some stores having fewer resources for AP, Target will not bother with TM or Guest theft if it is for petty stuff. They will only go after them when they can build a case.

Believe me Target has more eyes in the sky other than the black domes. I have seen pin hole cameras in fake sprinklers and exit signs, or just drilled through the ceiling tile. Its how one of my old FATLs got busted for stealing food.
Not bother? Not necessarily. We are always supposed to have atleast one internal case open. We will take what we can get and build from there.

Not see it? Yea that's very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back