Archived Employees who do not wash their hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's an invasion of privacy if you tell. Especially if they don't work with food.

Like, I know a few flow tms that are always in rush and they're hands are dirty anyway so it would be a dick move to make a big deal about.

Like what is this? Kindergarten?

I'm pretty sure it's an invasion of privacy if you tell. Especially if they don't work with food.

Like, I know a few flow tms that are always in rush and they're hands are dirty anyway so it would be a dick move to make a big deal about.

Like what is this? Kindergarten?
Just be nice & say wash your hands please. Think about what you touch.

There are signs posted that all employees must wash their hands before returning to work. My store has them posted in the restrooms, the counter in the break room and right by the door from TSC to the salesfloor.

My hands get really dirty working flow, like black with dirt and dust. I wash them when I go to break and when I go home. A few fellow TMs do the same, most do not.

Working restaurants I got in the habit and would never use the bathroom at work or home without washing after but calling out someone would be difficult.
I would have as a chef and they were on my brigade but not at a store.

Last edited:
First of all. You're nasty af.

And second...am I supposed to report them? Who's to say they'd believe me?

It makes me sick. And one of them is on the clean up crew!

If you can take a shit and be talking on the phone then walk right out you're seriously disgusting.
Yes it's a HUGE safety issue. You can either tell your ETL or call the hotline. No matter what your department is you can be put on a final for it.

If they work with food, they should be washing their hands when they return to there area regardless. I had to be a dick to a team member for going out to smoke then proceeding to to continue their work without washing their hands. That's common sense. If you smoke, you have even more reason to wash properly.

There are signs posted that all employees must wash their hands before returning to work. My store has them posted in the restrooms, the counter in the break room and right by the door from TSC to the salesfloor.

My hands get really dirty working flow, like black with dirt and dust. I wash them when I go to break and when I go home. A few fellow TMs do the same, most do not.
Wash/disinfect and remember to wash top of canned food. Soot from China?

Soot from China, dirt from the container ships, sitting at the DC for who knows how long, being constantly loaded and unloaded by various people into trailers.

Totally makes me rethink the way I drink from water bottles, stocking gallon jugs of water with nasty hands. When I used to unload the truck I'd wash my hands immediately after the unload as well.

I've found it funny that our bathroom doors don't have foot openers. It defies the point that people use the hands they just washed to press open a door that's been touched by who knows what. Sure, you can use your elbows, but a foot opener would be much better.

It's actually takes 20 seconds+ to properly wash your hands to be pretty free of germs.
http://www.cdc.gov/features/handwashing/
There are studies that show it's closer to 30 seconds for most people, considering how they lather the soap.
Two rounds of ABCs or Happy Birthday. I used to get funny looks for washing up to my elbows in the ambient room....

...I'd mention it to their TL or HR, but in reality if they do not work in food nobody is gonna police them. Even in food they only police it if you push. I had to threaten to call steritech or the local health department when I caught the old man blowing his nose in a hankie then stocking food.

Whenever a tm tl etl or any employee walked to to restroom and I was close by I would always say. Don't forget to wash your hands. It's the mother in me talking. No one ever took offense from me saying it.
They may have thought I was weird but no one ever said anything.

My thing is...then they touch the bathroom door handles and who knows what else after. So you basically are touching their germs by touching the same handles right after.

You figure someone who cleans would know proper hygiene. Especially after taking a shit. Yuck. She probably doesn't even clean herself properly you know what with being on the phone the whole time.

Last edited:
The restroom situation is why I kick the door open. Or, if it opens the other way, I use the towel I just dried my hands with to pull the door open, prop it with my foot and toss the towel in the trash. I'll be damned if I'm touching the restroom door after washing my hands. Hell, I wash my hands before I go up to the urinal...aint no way dirty flow hands are going anywhere near that :p

Two rounds of ABCs or Happy Birthday. I used to get funny looks for washing up to my elbows in the ambient room....

...I'd mention it to their TL or HR, but in reality if they do not work in food nobody is gonna police them. Even in food they only police it if you push. I had to threaten to call steritech or the local health department when I caught the old man blowing his nose in a hankie then stocking food.

I'm pretty sure it's one round of ABCs or two of Happy Birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back