I'm Lost! Employment verification

I'm applying for a new job and want to include something to help them verify my employment with Target. But I'm not really sure what. I've read both that you can use the HROC number ‭800-394-1885, and that there's this site called The Work Number. But apparently you need your TM number and some other personal details to log into The Work Number. Should I be giving that out? And how do I explain that to a prospective employer? Like do I need to provide instructions for them to log in or something? I don't understand what to actually put in my application.

I'm applying for a new job and want to include something to help them verify my employment with Target. But I'm not really sure what. I've read both that you can use the HROC number ‭800-394-1885, and that there's this site called The Work Number. But apparently you need your TM number and some other personal details to log into The Work Number. Should I be giving that out? And how do I explain that to a prospective employer? Like do I need to provide instructions for them to log in or something? I don't understand what to actually put in my application.
I’ve had team members using me as a reference. I was their Tl, basically they put down my name and cell or work no

The work number for target is 12250.
The only 'reference' Target will give is to confirm that you worked there & the dates of employ.
Corp does NOT condone references from leadership.
That said, depending on the relationship you have with your leaders, sometimes individuals may offer to give you a referral but it would be otherwise discouraged.
Thanks
@redeye58

Back