Benefits End of Employment Vacation Time

Let's say my employment is ending in a week due to a different job moving unexpectedly fast in the hiring process. I've already put in my notice with HR, but I have a decent amount of vacation time saved up and don't have the time to formally request it. Will this time be paid out to me on my final paycheck, or will it just... disappear? If it's not going to be paid out, is there a way I can use that time without having to formally request it? Is that up to HR?

Spot doesn’t have to you for vacation.
What about termination, what happens then?

Accrued but unused vacation time. If your employment is terminated for any reason, all unused vacation accrued after January 1, 2016, will be forfeited unless you work in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Rhode Island, or employment ends due to retirement or death. If you have any unused vacation prior to January 1, 2016, that vacation will be paid to you upon termination—regardless of the state in which you worked or the reason for which your employment ended. Any payment of accrued and unused vacation required by law will be paid in a lump sum.

Accrued but unused personal holiday time. Personal holiday hours earned but unused will not be paid to you upon termination, unless you work in California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, or Rhode Island. Any payment of accrued but unused personal holidays required by law will be paid in a lump sum.

Back