Archived Entertainment MIRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorback

Instocks/Flow TM
Is it typical to not find much of any of this stuff on the sales floor?

How much time should I spend looking for the items with no location?
What if the MIR includes 10+ items with no locations?

I've been handling the entertainment presentation for a few weeks, and Electronics/Entertainment MIRs are largely my responsibility. I know the backroom TMs pull a lot of the MIR stuff, but I rarely come across any of it. Most all of the items do not have a tied location on a planogram. The past two weeks or so, I've hardly even bothered to look for stuff unless it did in fact have a tied location (especaily if the MIR has 10+ items and I have 20-30 MIRs).

I have noticed that some of the stuff that pops up in the MIRs are stuff that I've pulled off the shelf when setting new planograms, so I'm assuming most of the stuff should come out of the stockroom..

I can't help but feel like I'm not doing my job as well as I could though. I feel like I should be finding more of this stuff. So I'm just wondering how much time I should spend looking for these items and how I should actually go about finding them when they aren't tied (which is 99% of the items in MIRs). I've mainly just been skimming the aisles that I would expect the item in question to be on.

Usually MIRs are taking back stuff that is NOP or discontinued. Sometimes they take back itmes you are just way overstocked on. In a perfect world, if something is NOP in entertainment, it should be backstocked and when the MIR batch gets pulled all of the products should be pulled in that batch. If your store is anything like mine, there is backstock sitting in lockup for 5+ days after revisions, so some of the stuff you took off last week is still waiting to be backstocked the next week and is on that week's MIRs. Also, there was only myself, one electronics tm, and one instocks tm who ever touched entertainment. I would do a superzone on Wednesday as I scanned and would find all kinds of misplaced stuff including some books that were on MIRs.

My recommendations:

1. Pull the MIR batches yourself if possible. This will help you keep track of what has actually been pulled for the MIR.
2. Make sure that lockup is backstocked every week by the time you usually do your MIRs (I did mine on Tuesday, some do them on Wednesday).
3. Superzone entertainment at least once a week to make sure that you are getting all the NOP and discontinued off the floor.
4. If entertainment goes PTM, do not flex out discontinued books because they might be going back in an MIR soon and this decreases your likelihood of finding them (movies and CDs are okay because they will go back in a return scan after the area has been reset and all the NOP/Dcode is backstocked anyway).

Hope that helps.

Pull mirs from the backroom. When I go to the salesfloor to do the book MIR and it comes up as N not located I dont spend time searching for it. Your backroom must backstock the mdse from the previous week for this to work. These should've been backstock the previous week when the pogs broke. I am green for my MIRs. If looking for electronic N not located get whith teammember,that stuff can be anywhere in the dept.

Usually MIRs are taking back stuff that is NOP or discontinued. Sometimes they take back itmes you are just way overstocked on. In a perfect world, if something is NOP in entertainment, it should be backstocked and when the MIR batch gets pulled all of the products should be pulled in that batch. If your store is anything like mine, there is backstock sitting in lockup for 5+ days after revisions, so some of the stuff you took off last week is still waiting to be backstocked the next week and is on that week's MIRs. Also, there was only myself, one electronics tm, and one instocks tm who ever touched entertainment. I would do a superzone on Wednesday as I scanned and would find all kinds of misplaced stuff including some books that were on MIRs.

My recommendations:

1. Pull the MIR batches yourself if possible. This will help you keep track of what has actually been pulled for the MIR.
2. Make sure that lockup is backstocked every week by the time you usually do your MIRs (I did mine on Tuesday, some do them on Wednesday).
3. Superzone entertainment at least once a week to make sure that you are getting all the NOP and discontinued off the floor.
4. If entertainment goes PTM, do not flex out discontinued books because they might be going back in an MIR soon and this decreases your likelihood of finding them (movies and CDs are okay because they will go back in a return scan after the area has been reset and all the NOP/Dcode is backstocked anyway).

Hope that helps.

This is what I hope for every week, but the electronics stockroom is often neglected when the backroom team is back stocking. :(

It's especially hard to work on MIRs when you don't have a PDA also (especially electronics when some things look the same but aren't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back