Archived Entertainment transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we supposed to push Blackhawk now? We’ve got 4 or so overflowing boxes and before being promoted I thought they handled the push for those. We have a small section to hang them in the stock room.

Are we supposed to push Blackhawk now? We’ve got 4 or so overflowing boxes and before being promoted I thought they handled the push for those. We have a small section to hang them in the stock room.
It suppose to moving to front lanes. I put cards in cabinets in the aisle. They are not to be backstock .

Yeah, we are supposed to handle all the maintenance, not blackhawk.

Has anyone gotten any info on where trading cards go to in entertainment? I can't find where they end up

It suppose to moving to front lanes. I put cards in cabinets in the aisle. They are not to be backstock .
Is there an adjacency with where they end up? Ours is a three sided endcap and it's not on the entertainment adjacency that I saw when briefly checking... but no new checklane adjacency to justify ripping out trading cards...

Is there an adjacency with where they end up? Ours is a three sided endcap and it's not on the entertainment adjacency that I saw when briefly checking... but no new checklane adjacency to justify ripping out trading cards...
My PTL said the gift card mall fixtures all move up to the checklanes where we have our trading card items right now. She thinks the trading card stuff will be moving to either entertainment or toys. Not sure if she saw this info on Workbench or in an email.

We are Early Set for this and are supposed to set it next week. A little worried since none of the new fixtures have arrived yet!
Thanks
@SigningLady

My PTL said the gift card mall fixtures all move up to the checklanes where we have our trading card items right now. She thinks the trading card stuff will be moving to either entertainment or toys. Not sure if she saw this info on Workbench or in an email.

We are Early Set for this and are supposed to set it next week. A little worried since none of the new fixtures have arrived yet!
Thanks
@SigningLady

To add onto to this since I have more clarification now: for my store, the trading cards are staying up front but shifting down 16 ft on the same wall and gift cards are taking over their current 16 ft. We did receive a copy of a new adjacency (I only saw a pic of it my pmt showed me). We received 4 new 84 inch tall gift card fixtures for the front end.

We also have a 3 sided endcap fixture which is in Stationary. That does not move as far as I know. But all the gift card sidecaps throughout the store come down and go away.

We are starting this set this week to help create the Early Set Notes. I will make any problem known in this thread to help others out just in case they don't make into the notes they send out.

Last edited:

Thanks
@SigningLady
I‘ve been in a recently remodeled store in my district and they have the gift card fixtures next to the card wall at the checklanes, not in replace of.

My fixtures came dts this afternoon. Full double stacked pallet height. But on one pallet. Going to have to shuffle steel and fly it.

Heads up for those setting this next week: the transition manual will tell you to set books first. Don't. Box them up and set them aside if you have to clear the fixtures for the pmt to take down so the contractors can do their flooring on schedule (find out what night they'll be doing the floors), but it was far more efficient for us to remove the old gift card fixtures first, set music and move it, then start setting movies and moving them, and set books last. As you clear out an aisle, set that aisle next moving the product in as you go (or as you find it)..

You could also have one person dedicated to scanning all the movies and boxing up all the NCF ones onto a pallet (we ended up with 2 pallets of NCF movies). This would clear out the movies ahead of setting them which will be helpful.

Looks like most of the new pogs use the 6 inch shelves, no more 4 inch. And if it did say 4 inch we used 6 inch for consistency.

Is everyone getting the tree/house display or select stores? We are recently remodeled if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Is everyone getting the tree/house display or select stores? We are recently remodeled if that makes a difference.

If you've recently remodeled then you are not likely getting the tree since you've already reduced the amount of space entertainment used. Stores getting the tree don't have E&E or the condensed entertainment yet. This transition is Spot's solution to the space it's been eating up & to maximize on TRU closing.

If you've recently remodeled then you are not likely getting the tree since you've already reduced the amount of space entertainment used. Stores getting the tree don't have E&E or the condensed entertainment yet. This transition is Spot's solution to the space it's been eating up & to maximize on TRU closing.

Thank you Jesus

Not entertainment, but any chance someone has their electronics heyday style focal set and can post a picture? We did not receive a visual adjacency, can't find anything on workbench, only tip I was given by SL was to set by color. Any help would be appreciated!

Not entertainment, but any chance someone has their electronics heyday style focal set and can post a picture? We did not receive a visual adjacency, can't find anything on workbench, only tip I was given by SL was to set by color. Any help would be appreciated!
I don't have pictures to post, but if I remember correctly there should be a VA on workbench for the Heyday focal. Set as close to the VA as possible, then transition to rough color coordination of what's left as you sell through.

Nothing in my entertainment moves but I'm pre-tying it anyways to make it easier to put up the dumb signs tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back