Equipment Training

Does anyone know if training on equipment (specifically WAVE and forklift) is supposed to be documented?
When i was trained a number of years ago there was paperwork which me and my trainer (PMT) had to sign, if i remember right. Now they just show new people how to use them real quick and let them go. This is what I've been told by several more recent hires.
Would this not be an OSHA requirement? If someone gets injured by someone without training documentation it seems it would be a problem.

Any TLs on here know the policy?

There is some equipment training on WorkDay now. I believe it has to be updated yearly.

Our store does NO certification for the WAVE or forklift which is why I don't use them.

From a liability standup that is pretty stupid on Target's part.

Training? You mean there is more than I got which was the keys tossed over to me and told me to get that pallet down? There is more than that? Wow never knew..

Sadly it isn't much more which is why pallets being dropped from the steel is sadly kind of common. Or my favorite TL(sarcasm!) still can't figure out that on the middle shelves in the steel you can't cram full size pallets. And chaos happens. I just walk away when I see his ass with the crown. Cause I will not clean up the mess.

Last edited:
Back