Archived ETL-AP apprehended for $115000 gift card scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, now that I think about it, my store doesn't have an ETL-AP, we just have an APTL, and he's our only TM in AP, we have no TPS. Interesting.

Honestly that position is usless

Its usually one dude over one other guy

Dumb comment. It's nice having someone who can app thieves and catch internal people stealing.

The huge benefit to having an etl ap is his schedule isn't posted and he can work more than 40 hours. Ours is notorious for coming in on "His days off" and getting apprehensions

Dumb comment. It's nice having someone who can app thieves and catch internal people stealing.

The huge benefit to having an etl ap is his schedule isn't posted and he can work more than 40 hours. Ours is notorious for coming in on "His days off" and getting apprehensions
APTL doesn't have to follow the posted schedule and can dress casual every day (at least at my store). We aren't anywhere close to high risk though, so apps are fairly rare.

I'm pretty sure this guy emptied(mostly) 2 of my gift cards that I had. Certainly would explain how a $70~ or so gift card was at $0 the next day and a brand new (12 hours? old) $100 gift card had $3.85 on it or so before ever being used once.
Once I read what he was actually doing my jaw dropped and it just makes so much sense.

Honestly that position is usless

Its usually one dude over one other guy

w64WN.gif

Anyone can do apprehensions. It's simply a case of Target doing training and allow normal AP TMs to do it. You don't Need manager who on average only has one TM to do it. Especially since Target would rather have you not app at all and instead call the cops due to liability

Anyone can do apprehensions. It's simply a case of Target doing training and allow normal AP TMs to do it. You don't Need manager who on average only has one TM to do it. Especially since Target would rather have you not app at all and instead call the cops due to liability
Legally speaking, that's true at least where I live. A merchant or any agent of a merchant may lawfully detain any person or persons that they have reasonable suspicion to believe is in the act of illegally depriving them of merchandise and/or profit. So in english, even the cart attendant can LEGALLY make a stop. But policies make it so only AP can do so, and for good reason too.

Legally speaking, that's true at least where I live. A merchant or any agent of a merchant may lawfully detain any person or persons that they have reasonable suspicion to believe is in the act of illegally depriving them of merchandise and/or profit. So in english, even the cart attendant can LEGALLY make a stop. But policies make it so only AP can do so, and for good reason too.
Well yeah, I'm not arguing that. But for a company that does everything to cut corners, I don't understand having an ETL with a comparable rate to other ETLs but they only work with One or two TMs. At least the HRETL deals with paperwork and such of the whole store

It would be better to get give of the etlap, or have them float to other stores in the district. It doesn't make sense to have one per store

Well yeah, I'm not arguing that. But for a company that does everything to cut corners, I don't understand having an ETL with a comparable rate to other ETLs but they only work with One or two TMs. At least the HRETL deals with paperwork and such of the whole store

It would be better to get give of the etlap, or have them float to other stores in the district. It doesn't make sense to have one per store
That's why ETL-AP has been slowly phased out to APTL in a lot of stores. Less cost, more reward.

Until recently most ETL APs also had LOD shifts and only got to focus about 3 days on their own department, much like SRTLs.

Whether it's salary or hourly there is a need for a full time leader in that role.

Side note: I'm in a store with more than 10 people on our AP team, with both APTL and ETL AP. So not every store is one or two people.

Until recently most ETL APs also had LOD shifts and only got to focus about 3 days on their own department, much like SRTLs.

Whether it's salary or hourly there is a need for a full time leader in that role.

Side note: I'm in a store with more than 10 people on our AP team, with both APTL and ETL AP. So not every store is one or two people.
My ap ETL also does lod shifts but surely they just promote another team lead or something

APTL doesn't have to follow the posted schedule and can dress casual every day (at least at my store). We aren't anywhere close to high risk though, so apps are fairly rare.

True on the first point. They are still capped at 40 hours.
My ap ETL also does lod shifts but surely they just promote another team lead or something

Depends on your risk level. My old store our etl ap had no LOD shifts.

At my store ours is usually a mid which allows him to go undercover as needed so the closer or opener can cover LOD for him

We had an ETL here who was very willing to close the registers on the regular. Come to find out he was flipping real bills out for fakes because he knew how our insurance covered it. He was married to an ETL at another store too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back