Archived ETL-AP apprehended for $115000 gift card scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*shakes head in disbelief*
It's like when I trained cash office TMs, I'd warn them that there's one camera in there that you CAN see & several that you CAN'T; that there's multiple layers of info between the store & CSA, they aren't the first to think they can get away with stealing so not to even try.

Wow! The ETL-AP no less. How stupid did he have to be to not realize that Target tracks literally everything?

The guy was already a felon even before Target hired him, who in the world decided to sign off on this guy at ETL AP?
Honestly I was just about to say that... the head of securty has a felon charge on him... not the best combination to say the least
Very possible the drug charge was dismissed through a plea if the person stayed out of trouble for a certain amount of time. In some instances that charge could have been sealed as well.

The guy was already a felon even before Target hired him, who in the world decided to sign off on this guy at ETL AP?

In my state Target can't ask you about convictions more than 10 years prior. I won't defend this guys actions but we have plenty of team members who come from a rough past who have turned their life around. While this guy broke the law there are many team members with checkered past who haven't reoffended.

Have a friend who works at that store, it used to be a top store, not anymore. That etl ap was watching everyone & not friendly person.

Wow! The ETL-AP no less. How stupid did he have to be to not realize that Target tracks literally everything?
I guess he figured there was no way they could dig through server logs to see that he accessed gift card info more often than anyone else in the company.

"Target told the Secret Service that the retailer’s investigation found Clark spent more time on the gift card system than any other employee in the country with similar permission to access the database, used to search for and identify activated Target gift cards,

“He had permission, but he was far, far more active on this system than any other manager,” Secret Service special agent Jeff Francis testified Wednesday. “He was Number 1 in searching on the system.”"

Not sure why he thought they wouldn't track usage, especially after receiving a high volume of complaints about gift cards not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back