Archived ETL Bench out of state transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Sr.TL's is on the ETL bench (signed off on and passed interviews in our district) but she is considering moving to a different state. She saw an ETL opening in the town she is moving to and was curious if she can move directly in to the position if the store approves? My ETL-HR is out on vacation so I was curious if anyone has heard of a similar situation or what the process would be like?

Our pricing TL transferred from Virginia, so not sure why an ETL couldn't.

Our pricing TL transferred from Virginia, so not sure why an ETL couldn't.
Because they aren't in an ETL position yet. It would be like a TM on the TL bench trying to transfer in to a TL role in a different district.

They will probably interview with that districts DTL.

As others have said apply for it. I would normally recommend going ahead and applying externally (this has moved things faster and in my favor twice now with Target), but seeing as this person is already benched as an ETL, I would not.

I'm not speaking to this situation specifically, but I think everyone should be aware that it's far far easier to transfer states when you are hourly than when you're an executive.

As an hourly TM/TL, you can easily just apply internally to the new position through eHR and the new store has to act on your application. Sure you may get turned down, but you'll always know where you stand.

When you're an exec, it's pretty easy for your DTL and the other DTL to keep pushing around responsibility on other people in order to stall and keep you from transferring. I've seen it happen numerous times. I've heard ETLs and STLs who want to transfer told any combination of "well the other DTL has to sign off on it...well our group HR has to sign off on it...their group HR has to sign off on it...you aren't at 18 months so it's impossible (lie)...you were at 18 months but now it's too late, we're already backfilling you for another position..." the list goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back