Archived ETL Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious what the ETL breaks are like at other stores. ETL breaks at my store usually run around an hour and consist of no work being done. They all get their Starbucks and Chobani yogurt and commence to sit, gossip, and basically ruin any kind of a peaceful break for other TM that are on break too. Are your stores ETLs the same in taking their early break and lunch breaks all together, all while not doing anything including taking LOD calls.

It may be a rant, but it seems to have gotten progressively worse in the past year.

yeah ditto on the whole taking em together thing. We had this creepy STL, and he would stalk our etl-log and etl-hr, both of who were attractive females, well not stalk but harrass them about taking lunch together. He was trying to play it off like it was a mentoring thing, but he just wanted their company. He'd be sitting with his back turned to team members in the break room, and we'd be laughing at the stupid game he tried to spit, in full view of the etl's he was creeping on.

At most stores ETLs are asked to break together by their STLs. It's supposed to be team building. And as for longer breaks, ETLs work 10 hour shifts. At most of the stores I've been in they take maybe two breaks, but according to the same rules we all use for breaks, they should be taking 4. I'm not saying it's right, especially if they aren't answering LOD calls, but know at least in my store they do talk about work while they take breaks and use them for meetings while still answering calls.

At most stores ETLs are asked to break together by their STLs. It's supposed to be team building. And as for longer breaks, ETLs work 10 hour shifts. At most of the stores I've been in they take maybe two breaks, but according to the same rules we all use for breaks, they should be taking 4. I'm not saying it's right, especially if they aren't answering LOD calls, but know at least in my store they do talk about work while they take breaks and use them for meetings while still answering calls.

My store's ETLs do it that way too. They all break/lunch together (and invite TLs to their group), but whichever one is LOD still answers walkie calls.

From what I see at my store, the ETL's pace themselves when doing just about anything...doing ad setup, pulls, sales planners, etc. Every once in a while they will get down and dirty, but you can't really compare what they do to the intensity of say a logistics team member. Just because they aren't sitting in the breakroom for 15 minutes, does not mean they aren't sneaking multiple breaks in throughout the day...

brb need to print some signs off, sit at the computer for ten minutes

brb kind of tired...can everybody make it to the electronics boat for a salesfloor huddle

brb hey guise let's walk the salesfloor

brb hey guise i'm gonna be in my office for 45 minutes...

I know this may seem a shock to everyone here, but all my ETLs are pretty cool. They rarely take long breaks. I don't have any issue with any of them. The STL can be a jerk, but even he is getting better to "live" with.

We have veteran leadership here, though. Veteran team leads and veteran STL/ETLs. It is not too bad right now. The STL should be thankful that he doesn't have to babysit "fresh-out-of-college" executives.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the ETL breaks are like at my store. I get 15 minutes - sometimes they are on break when I am, but most often are not and I don't keep track of them while I'm working. They do take their lunch together in the breakroom and I would be surprised if it was really the 1/2 hour that most of us get with all of the interruptions to which they are subjected. I do wish they could turn off the walkie or at least wear a headset in the breakroom. I don't enjoy all of the noise while I am on break or lunch. I also don't really like that tm conversations come to a screeching halt about anything except the most banal and mundane things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back