Archived ETL-HR a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Just wondering what it's like in other stores with the ETL-HR.
Ours is constantly talking down to people and is probably the last person I'd ever go to if I had a problem, but I feel like HR should be the first I should go to.
I know that Target is big on volunteer events but are ETL's do these events while there working and we're expected to do them on our free time, when we say no, doesn't matter why the ETL-HR gets nasty and I've heard her tell team leaders that they can't get good reviews if they don't volunteer.
Also my TL was dating the HR team member so this really worries me about confidentiality when I go to hr. If I file a complaint the hr Tm may tell my TL.

My first ETL-HR was so bad, I've never seen a group of people so happy to see someone promoted (to STL) simply to get her out of our building. The second one was great for a while...which may or may not have been because of the huge hatred for the first one. But now, the honeymoon is over, and she's about as useful as the first one. So I avoid her when I can, as well.

But regardless of what company you work for, always remember, HR is not there for you..It's there to keep the company out of trouble and the employees quiet. The idea that HR is on your side is largely wrong. You're best finding one of the LODs you trust...it may be hr, it may not be. But never assume that HR means they will ever be on your side simply because of the warm, fuzzy sounding name.

My first ETL-HR was so bad, I've never seen a group of people so happy to see someone promoted (to STL) simply to get her out of our building. The second one was great for a while...which may or may not have been because of the huge hatred for the first one. But now, the honeymoon is over, and she's about as useful as the first one. So I avoid her when I can, as well.

But regardless of what company you work for, always remember, HR is not there for you..It's there to keep the company out of trouble and the employees quiet. The idea that HR is on your side is largely wrong. You're best finding one of the LODs you trust...it may be hr, it may not be. But never assume that HR means they will ever be on your side simply because of the warm, fuzzy sounding name.

That gets quoted for truth..

One of our HR team members is one of those team members that you have to handle with kid gloves. She hates it when you ask her to press the button under her desk that unlocks the equipment room. As soon as she leaves, someone usually grabs a chair and rigs it so the chair will always be pressing the button so we can get into the equipment room. This is the same woman that denied me using vacation hours even though we were still in the same pay period.

Hi all,
Ours is constantly talking down to people and is probably the last person I'd ever go to if I had a problem, but I feel like HR should be the first I should go to.
I know that Target is big on volunteer events but are ETL's do these events while there working and we're expected to do them on our free time, when we say no, doesn't matter why the ETL-HR gets nasty and I've heard her tell team leaders that they can't get good reviews if they don't volunteer.
Also my TL was dating the HR team member so this really worries me about confidentiality when I go to hr. If I file a complaint the hr Tm may tell my TL.

HRTM generally doesn't deal with sensitive HR issues, that's typically the ETL-HR.... we had an HRTL but they were more like the Breakroom TL.

Hi all,

HRTM generally doesn't deal with sensitive HR issues, that's typically the ETL-HR.... we had an HRTL but they were more like the Breakroom TL.
Not sure if it's the same in all stores but our HR TM's seem to constantly be in the HR office alone. So they can look at anything. I realize they shouldn't be privy to the sensitive stuff but my concern is with a TL dating one she can technically see everything even though she's not supposed to.

Volunteer events are VOLUNTEER. You don't get paid for volunteer work. I go to them because I live in the community and I want to help out. If you don't want to help out, then don't go. Also ETLs are salaried so they get paid the same if they go or not.
Yes but our ETL'S will go do the volunteer events when they're supposed to be working.
Our store is in a mall so a lot of these events happen right on site.
I'm not saying I don't want to volunteer but I should'nt be talked down to when I say no.
I've also heard the ETL HR tell TL's that they won't get good reviews if they don't volunteer

Our store always posts these events AFTER the schedule has gone up & those of us who would likely volunteer are scheduled to work. Those that AREN'T scheduled don't volunteer.
Somethin' wrong wid dis picture.

My ETL-HR is weird, in that I'm pretty sure the only people she feels the need to talk to are the TLs. She's so awkward around TMs and a good bunch of us think she's a joke.

Our ETL-HR has no clue regarding Human Resources. They're just a warm body. She has no prior HR experience too!

I work in HR during the week for another company and she couldn't hold a candle to save her life.

If you truly dislike your HR, remember to mark that down on the yearly Best Team Survey scores. They will end up moving elsewhere or into other positions, as far as I've seen anyway. We've never had a good HR here, going on six years.

I have been through about 5 different ETL-HRs. Some have been good and others not so great. The last person who was ETL-HR was Ok and she did her job and was approachable. My Current ETL-HR is amazing. He is a very nice person and is one of my favorite ETLs. He is very approachable and if you are having a problem he takes everyone seriously.

Our last ETL-HR was good in her position, but a horrible LOD with little grasp of how things work on the sales floor. It was her first post. She rotated out to become ETL-SF and now has to work for a living. Her replacement is a former ETL-AP in her second post.

Hi all,

You can always call the hotline and make an anonymous complaint...

Hi all,

You can always call the hotline and make an anonymous complaint...

Just saw your post about the uppity ETL's
Feel like we could work in the same store.

Same here. I work at a great store with awesome people.

I like my HR ETL as well. She asked everyone what their availability was prior to the holiday season. While I do bitch and moan about having to work on christmas eve and new years eve I did tell her that I could work those dates.

I actually like our ETL-HR, she's pretty chill & approachable. Actually, a lot of the leads & higher level folks I deal with directly are pretty cool. Luck of the draw I guess...

My ETL-HR is possibly the most condescending man I have ever met. He has taken multiple vacations within the last year, all around times when it is important for HR to be there (say, when hiring seasonal people for Q4??). He has no real concept of how the salesfloor is run because he rarely leaves his office, but always has "helpful" advice on what we're doing wrong. I am not his biggest fan.

Like I said I love my hr etl. She's really nice and funny. I'm not the biggest fan of my ETL-GE. She is so young and doesn't know much about the front end. I mean you should know about what you're managing....

I loved my old etl hr. I like the current one. In a different time and place, we may have been friends, buuut, I don't always like her style of leadership and she's less considerate compared to the old guy when it comes to the whole holiday scheduling thing. I feel that I can go to her with problems and what not without worrying about it spreading like wildfire or whatever. I'm just not really a fan of her lod shifts.

Yes but our ETL'S will go do the volunteer events when they're supposed to be working.
Like I said I love my hr etl. She's really nice and funny. I'm not the biggest fan of my ETL-GE. She is so young and doesn't know much about the front end. I mean you should know about what you're managing....

My ETL-GE knows much less about the front-end policies and procedures than I do. I tend to forgive her for it though because she's ETL-GE/SF, essentially three ETL positions (hardlines, softlines, GE) rolled into one, so has a huge amount of responsibilities as opposed to being able to focus on just the GE stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back