Archived ETL log schedule question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minus quater 4, what will I be looking at as far as a schedule (on a very general basis). I am a 6am process. So will I be in from 6-4; 5 days a week? I know some Etls do opens and closes, now sure how ETL log works Bc they essentially start the store seemingly everyday. Any info would be helpful, thanks in advance.

It will honestly depend on your STL and how green/red your process already is. I have only worked in stores with a 4am process.

In my first store (C Volume P-Fresh) our ETL-Log closed every Monday, but never closed weekends. Then we got a new STL, and she stopped scheduling her to close (this is also around the time ETL-APs started doing LOD shifts).

My current store is an A Volume Super and our Log never closes. Store across town is a ULV 7:30 process and their Log closes at least once per week.

Okay, thank you for the insight. So would 6-4 5 days a week seem to be a good idea of my schedule? Is every day 10hrs? Or some less and some more? Currently I work 12 hr shifts so it shouldn't be too hard of an adjustment.

Oh also I don't know too much about my store yet. I've asked and the most info I've gotten so far is that it's a low volume and 6am process. I work at the DC but we don't service the said store.

More like 5-5:30 to when you're done. The majority of your team comes in at 6am, but you can have(I believe) 2 TM's and 1 TL's scheduled before 6am without getting a ding on myTime.

As far as how long you stay, it really really depends on your process and what kind of day it was. I know some ETL-LOGS who easily put in 12 hour work days every truck day and some that can put in a 6-7 hour day and they're good to go.

Yeah I def plan to spend more time in the beginning to learn all the processes and how I can maintain or create the best environment for my team, I also have heard that once you get the job done you can finish earlier on days. I'm mainly curious for planning purposes as I have a pretty hefty commute to my stores so I'm trying to see how rush hour will effect my day.

If you're a 6am process you should be there at 5 or 5:30am. I wouldn't expect to close, but it's a possibility. No ETL LOG's have to close at the stores near me. But they do tend to work longer hours than the other ETLs.

At my 6am store, on truck days either the TL or ETL arrives at 5:30 with a couple of tms. 6:00 on non truck days. Works every other weekend. Has a regular close during the week, and sometimes closes weekends due to vacations, but usually does truck and ad set. Is on the opposite weekend of TL. Length of day depends on workload and whether your work center is running well. At first, you will probably be there for 10 or so hours. At my store, 8 - 10 hours per shift is typical--longer days for truck days. Always 8 hours for a close.

Minus quater 4, what will I be looking at as far as a schedule (on a very general basis). I am a 6am process. So will I be in from 6-4; 5 days a week? I know some Etls do opens and closes, now sure how ETL log works Bc they essentially start the store seemingly everyday. Any info would be helpful, thanks in advance.

All of my ETL LOG's have had 1-2 LOD shifts a week. Set day off during week and rotated weekends with a closing weekend around every 6 weeks or so. Unless they switched to cover, they NEVER are scheduled to close during week and are there on every DC trailer. We are a 6am like you, and typically they roll in between 6-7 95% of the time.

Our last ETL-LOG arrived between 5:30 and 6am depending on if it was a truck day and if there was another key holder scheduled that morning. He always left around 4pm. 5 days per week, 1 set day off, and 2 LOD shifts.

No closes ever because there would literally only be one logistics TM in the whole store for him to oversee that late.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. It's great to hear all the possibilities. I'm a total "have to know everything" type of person so I've been looking all over for any information I can get on the subject. Of course they are all just ideas of how it may be for me, but to me that's better than going in completely oblivious ;)!

Just something I wanted to throw into the conversation, my store is an overnight process store and has 2 ETL-Replenishments for overnight, so our ETL-Log is almost completely dayside focused. She closes one night a week and although she works a mix of opening and mid shifts throughout the week. The amount of each shift varies depending on how much she is needed.

Do Etls ever have two consecutive days off in a row? Or is it always one week day one weekend day off?

Depends on store, at my store they do. Questions like should be ask to your stl. They usually do the old schedule in advance for month.

Thank you =). I haven't begun my training yet and have yet to meet my stl, I'm so ready to get in my store and get started (after training of course!)

Oh I have heard the every other weekend thing but I wasn't sure how accurate that was. Thank you =). I know the weeks where you work weekends will be long but as long as you get two days once in a while off that should be okay!

Oh I have heard the every other weekend thing but I wasn't sure how accurate that was. Thank you =). I know the weeks where you work weekends will be long but as long as you get two days once in a while off that should be okay!

Target's work week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. So, a sample 2-week schedule for you might look something like this:

Week 1
Sunday: Off, Monday: Late, Tuesday: Early, Wednesday: Early, Thursday: Off, Friday: Early, Saturday: Early

Week 2
Sunday: Early, Monday: Late, Tuesday: Early, Wednesday: Early, Thursday: Off, Friday: Early, Saturday: Off

So technically you do have one weekday and one weekend day off per week, but it really boils down to 6 days on one week and 4 the next (if you're used to workweeks starting on Monday).

The only time this will vary is if your one of your peers is on vacation and during Back to School and Christmas season. During those times you will likely be working multiple weekends in a row.

Yeah I heard quater 4 can get crazy. This is why I was asking because the schedule you show ^^ is what I recently heard but have also been told that you have every other weekend off mean (at least two days off in a row). Currently I work sat sun mon and I'm used to the work weeks going sun to sat

Yeah I heard quater 4 can get crazy. This is why I was asking

And aside from that, you can always come in as needed supplementing the "required shifts" if you end up feeling like it's necessary. The week of Black Friday 2014, my old ETL-AP was at the store from open until close and then did an overnight on Thanksgiving/Black Friday simply because she could. I have no idea how she didn't collapse after 3 days of that.

I know a ETL log who closes like 2 times a week at least. But he's been with target a long time. And I assume there's a reason she's the only in the district that closes as LOG ETL. ;) Especially closing pre truck days. Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back