Archived Etl lying on coaching document

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently found out an etl in my building is straight lying when they type coachings. Like blatantly misquoting people or saying "you didn't come up with a plan by xx date" when they definitely did come up with a plan.

Can anything be done?

How do you know they are lying? Coachings aren't supposed to be shown to the person being coached, only CCAs.

Just print the thing and take it to hr and tell them you would hate for there to be a confidentiality issue.

Or if you really hate them, call the hotline.bling.meme and tell them you found confidential coaching documents on the desktop and it makes you nervous for your own confidentiality.

Either will invoke a swift response. They'll probably also make them hate you.

The confidentiality part is one thing. But I know for a fact they are lying because I physically witnessed the conversation they are referencing.

I think that we may work at the same store, no wait this is what the spot gets for hiring some clueless ETLs.

Honestly your best bet is to call the integrity hotline, (check any post by @Hardlinesmaster its listed at the bottom). This is a serious violation of confidentiality, saving CCAs and other sensitive documents to the desktop. Going directly to you ETL-HR probably won't do much since that is an essential part of their job to protect confidentiality, they will just sweep it under the rug, so that they don't get in any trouble. Also, you could get in trouble for reading the CCA, yes, its stupid, but the ETLs will make sure you learn a thing or two for messing with their jobs.

The hotline will record your statement and have it investigated by parties not located at your store and come down on the guilty parties.

Unfortunately, as for the lying scumbag ETL who is telling lies in write ups, there is really nothing you can do without exposing yourself to retaliation. First the party who got the CCA didn't contest it, the HR and ETL approved it. Its a done and done case. Morally disgusting and an abuser of power, goes to show that ETL is, well, a douchebag and that you are very honorable for wanting to confront the situation, but the blowback could cost you your job.

I learned from a older TM to always carry a pen and paper, and to write down any situation that seems wrong, the date, any witnesses to the occurrence. It has saved me more than once, because when it comes down to CCA, that ETL needs to have it absolutely correct and any deviation of the fact can get the CCA thrown out at the time of it being delivered.

I think that we may work at the same store, no wait this is what the spot gets for hiring some clueless ETLs.

Honestly your best bet is to call the integrity hotline, (check any post by @Hardlinesmaster its listed at the bottom). This is a serious violation of confidentiality, saving CCAs and other sensitive documents to the desktop. Going directly to you ETL-HR probably won't do much since that is an essential part of their job to protect confidentiality, they will just sweep it under the rug, so that they don't get in any trouble. Also, you could get in trouble for reading the CCA, yes, its stupid, but the ETLs will make sure you learn a thing or two for messing with their jobs.

The hotline will record your statement and have it investigated by parties not located at your store and come down on the guilty parties.

Unfortunately, as for the lying scumbag ETL who is telling lies in write ups, there is really nothing you can do without exposing yourself to retaliation. First the party who got the CCA didn't contest it, the HR and ETL approved it. Its a done and done case. Morally disgusting and an abuser of power, goes to show that ETL is, well, a douchebag and that you are very honorable for wanting to confront the situation, but the blowback could cost you your job.

I learned from a older TM to always carry a pen and paper, and to write down any situation that seems wrong, the date, any witnesses to the occurrence. It has saved me more than once, because when it comes down to CCA, that ETL needs to have it absolutely correct and any deviation of the fact can get the CCA thrown out at the time of it being delivered.

Pretty much in a nutshell what I was going to say.
Write down the details to this mess (because it is a frelling mess), and report it to the hotline.
Emphasize things like the lack of professionalism, but don't get personal like you are attacking the person, you have to make this sound like you are more concerned about the store than yourself.
Give them who, what, where when, why, like a newspaper and keep it factual without feelings.
Keep your name out of it, if you have to use 'me' or your name, say something like 'this Team Member', it will feel strange but it will make you sound like you are reporting information and not making it personal.

Then do like @Tarjayyy said, write down anything that comes at you and make it clear that you are.
Don't let them intimidate you.

We had an ETL that would leave CAs on the desktop pretty often. I always wondered if they did it on purpose.

The workstations at my store were littered with TLs' projects, many of which were varying levels of disciplinary actions.
Saw one on a dear friend for absolutely bullsh*t reasons.
I was embarrassed for her because there was no telling how many other TMs had pulled that up.
I mentioned it to a TL buddy who, in turn, put out a general reminder to everyone to 'keep their business in their files'.

Stuff like that shouldn't be left saved on shared desktops as it is a violation of confidentiality and Target's information protection policy. That said, any team member or leader who opens it knowing that it doesn't concern them or continues to read it once they realize what it is and that it doesn't concern them has violated Target's information protection policy as well.

As far as lying on documentation...that will come back to bite them eventually. But it's more than likely that it will become a he said/she said type of thing.

Last edited:
Stuff like that should to be left saved on shared desktops. That said, any team member or leader who opens it knowing that it doesn't concern them or continues to read it once they realize what it is and that it doesn't concern them has violated target's information protection policy.

As far as lying on documentation...that will come back to bite them eventually. But it's more than likely that it will become a he said/she said type of thing.

As a lowly TM I suspect my impulse would be to print off a hundred copies and leave them all over the store just to make sure the ETL got a clear idea of how completely stupid what they did really was.
Maybe do a little editing to show what the truth was as opposed to the bulls shit.
Of course, that's probably why I didn't last that long.

The push back is going to be "That isn't the final version, you're not the team member who signed it, so you don't know if this was edited before delivering".

Plus there are policies in place that say something akin to "If you know you're not supposed to look at something, don't look at it". It was part of the privacy and protecting information at Target. You'll get put on blast for looking through the computer trying to find shit you're not supposed to look at.

The push back is going to be "That isn't the final version, you're not the team member who signed it, so you don't know if this was edited before delivering".

Plus there are policies in place that say something akin to "If you know you're not supposed to look at something, don't look at it". It was part of the privacy and protecting information at Target. You'll get put on blast for looking through the computer trying to find shit you're not supposed to look at.

That depends. If the computer they're talking about is the one that TMs regularly use for trainings, printing order guides, use ehr or type up little projects, they're just reporting a confidentiality breech. Can't argue with the content but you can definitely bring up the fact that a leader was not being careful when it comes to confidentiality.
Happened to me in my store while training for hr. I reported the fact as soon as I learned how important confidentiality is (before hr I had no clue how many information were considered confidential in Target ).
Anyways accident reported, tl coached, case closed.

Get a different job and leave before you get fired. All the other solutions (the hotline) are pointless. Even if you're right, you'll still lose your job over "attendance" or "redcards" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back