Archived ETL Work Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi- I am looking into applying to Target as an ETL, and I was curious how many days a week an ETL is expected to work/ how rotating weekends off work? Is it every other Saturday and Sunday off or is it more complicated than that (one sunday then one saturday etc etc..)

Thanks!

I am located in the Metro NY area, so I would be working in a high volume store.

I've worked in retail before, and other very bureaucratic jobs, but I was curious what the weekend schedule is like. I know of several different retail schedules that stores use. I wanted to know if Target does every other Saturday and Sunday or they have you work one saturday or one sunday every other weekend etc... I am having trouble finding that information.

and thanks for the welcome :)

You'll be expected to work five 10 hour days per week. Though when there is a lot of work to get done, visits, etc. that can sometimes stretch to 11 or 12 hours. Weekend rotations are every other Saturday and Sunday off, except during the holiday season. You should eventually end up getting a set weekday off every week, plus whichever weekend day you have off if that makes any sense since the week is Sun-Sat.

So example, my schedule over a 2 week time span:
Sun OFF
Mon work
Tues work
Wed OFF
Thurs work
Fri work
Sat work

Sun work
Mon work
Tues work
Wed OFF
Thurs work
Fri work
Sat OFF

In our area, ETLs work every other weekend alternating opening/closing.
Ex: 1st weekend, open
2nd off
3rd close
4th off

In our area, ETLs work every other weekend alternating opening/closing.
Ex: 1st weekend, open
2nd off
3rd close
4th off

That's what ours do as well. But if they get behind, they will come in really early before their closing LOD shift or come in for a few hours on the weekend in street clothes and hide in their office.

Thank you everyone! Hardlinemaster, what kind of issues, other than the credit card scandal?

Thank you everyone! Hardlinemaster, what kind of issues, other than the credit card scandal?

The credit card scandal is huge right now. From my experience with the ETLs in my district and what I've read on these forums, most new to the company ETLs seem to start as ETL-GE (guest experience). That means you will be driving everyone up a wall on a daily basis with the words "REDCard" and "conversion." Your life and future with Spot will depend on those damn things. TMs will discretely run the other way when they see you coming because they have had the same conversation with you ten times in the past week, and they are over it. While those of us who are compassionate will understand and care about you keeping your job, none of us will care about your bonus.

You will be doing worrying about this number in a climate where getting REDCards is semi-impossible thanks to the breach. But corporate will not care. They will still expect you to give them great numbers. Mitigating factors don't count.

Or you'll get lucky and get a salesfloor ETL position that may or may not be eventually eliminated.

I've gotten the impression that hr and logistics are generally for ETLs on their second tour of duty....but that may not be right.

I've gotten the impression that hr and logistics are generally for ETLs on their second tour of duty....but that may not be right.

Oddly enough, our store is the exact opposite of that! Our ETL-HR and ETL-Logistics are both on their first rotation, and our ETL-GE is on her third (?) and she's damn good at her job. Idk, our target is weird.

That would make sense, but remember, this is Target we're talking about.

Our ETL HR is brand fucking new. To the point that she is irritating and just spews party line bullshit anytime I go to her with a rant *which is what her job is to listen to*
My ETL (LOG) is a total vet but she kinda sucks. Walks around on her cell talking to her husband all the time, not engaged in the truck process, and spending more time doing god knows what in TSC and bashing my Backroom TL, then doing anything for the team. We are currently a 4am process store and she never strolls in until around 6. If the Flow TL and Backroom TL have the same day off through schedule and requested time off, she shows up to unlock the door late. The joke is, if everyone has to be clocked in at 4, she will park at 4:10.
When this happens, I tell every single person that was there waiting for her to put in a punch correction for 4am and cite "leader late" as the reason. She's our most experienced ETL though so she gets away with all of it because as much as I hate her leadership style, she really does know alot of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back