Archived ETLs sitting in their offices all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an ETL, but an SrTL. She spends 90% of her time in the office. When she's actually on the floor, she's not really doing any real work, she's just walking around telling people what to do.

Is she a pricing/presentation tl by chance?

Not an ETL, but an SrTL. She spends 90% of her time in the office. When she's actually on the floor, she's not really doing any real work, she's just walking around telling people what to do.

She wouldn't happen to be a SrGSTL would it? That fat lazy bitch at my store was good for barking orders over the walkie while sitting playing on the phone. When she did come on the floor she just told u what to do. If u made her get in a situation where she, heaven forbid, have to help out prepare for a coaching

She wouldn't happen to be a SrGSTL would it? That fat lazy bitch at my store was good for barking orders over the walkie while sitting playing on the phone. When she did come on the floor she just told u what to do. If u made her get in a situation where she, heaven forbid, have to help out prepare for a coaching
Is she a pricing/presentation tl by chance?
Not sure exactly what she is, just know she's rarely ever actually on the floor....heck, a majority of our TLs are!

Not sure exactly what she is, just know she's rarely ever actually on the floor....heck, a majority of our TLs are!

Pricing/pres will spend the majority of their time in the office. If you don't plan an extraordinary amount, it's difficult the be successful on that role.

Wow this sounds like my store sooooo much. Our STL is just flat out lazy, makes all the ETLs come to her office and they just eat all day.

My store is a real mixed bag in the good/bad leader department. My ETL-AP is very good at what she does and many of the other leaders come to her for advice even about non-AP issues because she is known to be the strongest leader in the store. People have called her from other stores int he district for advice. My ETL-HR is also amazing. She truly seems to love her job, she'll answer any LOD calls, even when she's not LOD (since most of the other ETL/TL are nowhere to be found when you need them), and she always finds the time to talk to individual team members and shows genuine interest in what we do. She's incredibly nice, but she knows what she's doing, and she doesn't let horrible "guests" get away with anything, and she's not afraid to ask them to leave or call AP when they get obnoxious. She's my favorite.

On the other hand, I have never met our STL. I'm starting to believe that he might not actually exist because I've been working 30-40 hours a week for about a month now and have never seen him once. Most of the other ETL's are nowhere to be found when you need them, as I mentioned above. One of them forced me to break off floor surveillance of a known booster because he was too afraid to tell a customer that he couldn't accept their return and for some reason thought they would be happier if a uniformed TPS came over and explained Target's return policy. I've pretty much gotten to the point now that if I need anything, I just go seek out my ETL-HR instead of the LOD because I know she'll actually help me out, or at least try. The good news is that two of the worst ETL's are leaving soon and we'll hopefully get better replacements.

I wish I could sit at my desk all day and do nothing, but I have way to much to do. The only time I'm ever off the sales floor is if I have interviews that's it. As a TL someone has to pick up the slack for those people who are kind of meh and just really don't give a shit. I have noticed though since being back that there is at least one ETL who does jack shit. There's always someone who doesn't pull their weight. Always.

Pricing/pres will spend the majority of their time in the office. If you don't plan an extraordinary amount, it's difficult the be successful on that role.

Thankfully not ours. except for that one time, our TL for pricing and the TL for Plano have always been on the floor and both workcenters are green. But we go through TLs for pricing a lot. I've had 3 TLs for the past 2 years.

One of them forced me to break off floor surveillance of a known booster because he was too afraid to tell a customer that he couldn't accept their return and for some reason thought they would be happier if a uniformed TPS came over and explained Target's return policy.
If your floorwalking someone the only calls you should respond to are safety issues. Turn your walkie off or to 6. Unless it's your ETL AP I wouldn't respond if I was busy with a shoplifter.

If your floorwalking someone the only calls you should respond to are safety issues. Turn your walkie off or to 6. Unless it's your ETL AP I wouldn't respond if I was busy with a shoplifter.
I plan on doing that in the future. Unfortunately this happened on my first night alone off training so I was a little wary to piss off the LOD. Since then, my ETL-AP has since told me to ignore him when I'm busy, and she'll talk to him if he complains about me not helping.

I have to say my STL is on the floor filling end caps, shooting labels and signs and connecting with the team. That being said I have ETL's who are on the floor but I couldn't tell you what they were actually doing. In my store the 2 sales floor etl's (hardlines) are the worst ETL's in the building. They both speak well but their actions are crap. They are well liked by the team members, but probably because they hold no one accountable , just want to be friends. they may be liked but they are not respected.

Any suggestions on working with a nitpicking ETL who gives as little recognition and does as little work as possible?

Its definitely true there are some lazy ETLs out there, unfortunately it is also true there are some TMs who struggle with basic problem solving/critical thinking and call the LOD for EVERY SINGLE THING. I start out trying to always respond in person while I am getting to know the store and team, but that becomes counter productive quickly. I'm sure some would disagree, but the ETL role is critical IF it is done right, and getting called to guest service because a coupon doesn't match, a sign was expired, or receiving because the compactor is locked when the BR TL is a key carrier and 100 feet away, etc etc is not a good use of my time when I'm trying to oversee an entire store as LOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back