Archived ETL's; special treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work over nights and we aren't a troubled store, in fact we are a very good store in terms of our logistical process as well as sales. We received one of those fresh out of the can ETLs from college back in August and she has been adamant to change things. She's never worked a 4th quarter and she is quite literally uneducated in the logistical process, especially ours. Now that we're in 4th quarter, she's finding out quickly exactly how ridiculously difficult it is to complete certain tasks with the team hours + truck loads we receive. So there are some struggles, but rarely any days where we are unable to come clean. Regardless though, she's starting to impose some demands upon only certain team members and not the rest. Her latest bit is timing individuals, if you don't complete the task in a given amount of time, then consequences are to follow. Yet, she doesn't impose the same for others, especially the older team members.

I'm sure she's able to do this, but doesn't she have to do it globally, for everyone? What it's being viewed at by me and some other team members is that certain individuals (like myself) are being given special treatment of not being timed. To add, the individuals that are being timed aren't necessarily slow workers. Some of them are actually very fast and hard working at their tasks. It's a bit mind numbing because she's targeting these specific individuals, while others take twice as long to finish their areas of the store, etc. It's one thing to set it as a goal, it's another thing how she delivers the request, almost in a threatening manner (she doesn't have the best communication skills, which is even more mind boggling as to how she received the position).

Unfortunately, she can treat TMs differently all she wants with one exception.

There is something called "disparate treatment" in employment law. Basically, if you can find a link to how she is treating a certain group of people compared to another, you can make an issue of it. Those groups of people must be from a "protected class". (race, sex, age, etc.)

So in other words, if you can show that she is treating non-white TMs differently than white TMs as a group (or any other protected class), then you can do something about it. However, if there is no link between race, sex, religion, etc.... you can't do anything about it.

As a side note "Her latest bit is timing individuals, if you don't complete the task in a given amount of time, then consequences are to follow."

I just have to LOL at that. I remember when AE 2010 came out, HQ literally sent stop watches to all of the stores so ETLs could follow TMs around and time them with the stop watch. That became a complete fail on day one.

LOL funny you bring up those stop watches, because last night at break those were brought up in the conversation. I've only been at Target for a little over a year, so I didn't get the pleasure of being stop watched lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back