• Thread starter mxrbook
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mxrbook

I'm tired of giving away stuff. Even the ETLs who always went against BP to satisfy the guest are tired. It's gotten to the point that there is no need to call a TL or LOD because we give the guest whatever he wants. Oh, you bought this tree in January 2011? And you want to return it? Oh, yes, you have a receipt. Here's your $128.00 - cash or gift card? Who cares?

Is this ever going to end?

We didn't. We tried, but ended up giving a $128 gift card. Poor little guest. I'm sure he called Corporate and complained.

our store was pretty vibe friendly before the vibe came out so nothing really changed for us. We don't let people take advantage of it but we do always make it right for the guests when it should be. I personally am a huge fan of the vibe.

Hahaha I laugh every time I see "the vibe"... makes me think of when chicks are talking about their vibrator... ahaha

we have a new etl. he obviously didn't know any of the policy stuff on vibe. it has made black friday hellacious.

also, i like getting 'don't listen to that guy he's an idiot' messages from higher-ups ... it makes me feel secure and very unsecure at the same time

I have come to hate Vibe. On Black Friday I sold a $44 game for $5, because a guest said there was a sign!!!! :facepalm: Today I sold a $30 item for $10 and the list goes on and on. I can't imagine what the price accuracy reports look like, they must be pages and pages long. I still get verification when the price difference is more than $20.

i just laugh at all this VIBE stuff, im a backroom TM, there is no such thing as VIBE in the backroom

Target, it would be AMAZING!! If you offered actual health benefits instead of passing the majority of cost onto your employees! Tip: if you decide to pass costs on, then perhaps pay more, or higher increases on annual. Additionally Target, you and I could vibe together and create this wonderful, amazing moment where payroll is decoupled from stores!

It's a shame you're such a prude!

The funny part is that our ETLs actually showed us some of the vibe stuff. And certain things, yeah, we're not supposed to do even in the event of the vibe. For instance, the "Selling a game for five bucks..." our store was specifically told that we COULDN'T do that if the dispute was more than twenty dollars less. Meaning, if someone was going to buy a sixty dollar game and tried to say it was supposed to be fifteen or something... we can't do it because that's WAY too generous and beyond the threshold. Our store actually told us that the Vibe didn't equate to letting the guest walk all over you. They told us that instead we were allowed to make certain calls without having to call an LOD. For instance if someone sees something on the shelf that's ten bucks but they say there's a sign for 8.75... then it is up to the cashier to decide whether or not to give it to them for that price... but they're allowed to. OR we can call someone over the radio and ask about it.

Although I'm not a big fan of the vibe, it seems every store is running differently with it. Our ETL told us that the policy with the receipt for example... still stands. Unless it's something like... a day or two after the receipt (a week at best). But a year? Six months? Nope. They told us not to do a return or exchange if that's the case. Because our STL was very big on saying, "DON'T let the guest walk all over you. You can be nicer and more lenient but you're not supposed to bend over backwards." Basically our STL told us that the vibe was supposed to empower us as employees to inspire us to do better for the guest, but our STL won't let our guest walk over us. It hasn't guaranteed any guest will get his or her way.

I was shopping at Target yesterday, and a team member actually told me "Target strives for AMAZING guest service!!." Complete with hand motions. It was all I could do not to laugh my ass off until I was out of her sight haha

havn't heard anything about vibe in a while. Our TLs and Logistics ETL at huddle look like they wanna hang themselves and have other things on their minds soooo no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back