Archived Eventually transferring... Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
I'm planning about a year out right now, so there are many things that could still change.

I'm in the process of applying to colleges to finish my degree so I can break free from retail. That's still a few years away so I need some sort of job in the meantime.

What I was thinking of doing is going on an education LOA and see if I actually need to work while going to school and if I have to I'll transfer to a local store. I wouldn't be returning to my original store since I'll be relocating to a completely different area (and not coming back).

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Yes I did. I went on leave from Target A, intending to come back for the summer. Life situation changed and I stayed at the college for the summer. While still on LOA at Target A, I went to a few local Targets. None were accepting transfers, but I went and visited Target A and told them I was not coming back, but needed help with a transfer. The STL sent a glowing review to Target B, which was not planning on accepting anybody, but because of the email my STL sent, accepted me and gave me a shot. Worked there for a year and a half until putting in my two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back