Ever had your store change volume levels during your tenures at Target?

Lower. We had a Walmart open 2 blocks away. Went through an "org chart" change, and lost a couple of TL/ETL positions.

It was a hot ass mess.

what happens when the level goes Up?

IT depends on how many sales, but more payroll and more leadership positions. When target used to have multiple org charts, if your store went from 35M to 50M, that's easily a multitude of more leadership positions as you moved up several charts. The opposite is also true in the sense that if your store does fewer sales, you lose positions which happens for several reasons on its own from demographic changes to cultural shifts.

We had ON for a long time but lost it when they changed the levels.
Within a year we went up in vol & got ON back.

Oh, yes, forgot about the overnight process because the company keeps changing it every damn year. I'm not even sure what the threshold is anymore, but all higher volume stores get a permanent overnight process with an entire inbound team + team leader(s) + ETL(s).

I'm not sure if it's true anymore but it used to be it would determine how many hours some team members get. It also determins the times the early monrning teams come in. At ;least in pre pandemic times, the opening and closing times of the stores would be affected.

So how does a TM find out what level their store is at? I know my store was low-volume pre-covid, when a normal week (outside of 4th quarter) had three trucks. Our online orders have stayed higher than they were pre-covid and we're consistently at five trucks a week. Even though some of them are fairly small, it's still staying at five. So it seems like we might have bumped up a notch, maybe?

So how does a TM find out what level their store is at? I know my store was low-volume pre-covid, when a normal week (outside of 4th quarter) had three trucks. Our online orders have stayed higher than they were pre-covid and we're consistently at five trucks a week. Even though some of them are fairly small, it's still staying at five. So it seems like we might have bumped up a notch, maybe?
Main screen on a zebra & at the top. Select sales for 1 year.

I can do that part. Is there a place where the different levels are listed? Like maybe on this site?
Volume classifications are based on yearly sales, and go as such.

• AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23 - $32.5
  • D $23 or less
ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.

Volume classifications are based on yearly sales, and go as such.

• AAA+ $85M and above
  • AAA $77.3 - $85
  • AA+ $69.5 - $77.3
  • AA $60.5 - $69.5
  • A+ $51.5 - $60.5
  • A $42 - $51.5
  • B $32.5 - $42
  • C $23 - $32.5
  • D $23 or less
ULV is an acronym meaning ultra-low volume and is typically used in reference to D and C volume stores.
You are a fount of information! Thanks!

How about pandemic higher like 30% more. From 50 million to 80 million in 2020. So far for 2021 we are at 48 million.
We went from B to A last year. More hours, more positions. Yet somehow the front end is almost always short-staffed...doesn't help we always have a fair amount of callouts.

Mine was hitting sales to the point where we almost went up. Which meant more team leaders and etls but Target was like nah.

Mine went from C to B last year. Barely. We just eeked it out. No new positions were given to us other than a fulfillment TL that every store got. We were hoping for a GM3 TL, but that got scuttled when the fulfillment TL was announced. We've always been a bit unusual in the org chart as we have a F&B TL and two SS TL's as sales in those areas are high enough for them.

This year we're on pace to move up to A. It's crazy. Right now, we don't have the actual bodies to spend all the payroll that we have. (Yay! Overtime is approved!) And, good applicants are like unicorns according to our HRTM, who I trust about that as she's worked at Target for over 20 years in 5 different stores. Our Closing TL is currently working 14 hour days everyday. He comes in at 8am and leaves at close.

When I started, we were a 3-4 trucks a week store. We're now at 6. Corporate wants to add a 7th, but our SD is fighting againt it because we don't have the bodies to work it. So our 6 trucks are always large, as in larger than we have the vehicles for. This makes the sort shit so it takes longer than necessary to push. Regardless, we've been told to expect 8-9 trucks in Q4. No idea how we're going to pull that off. Oh, and reshop piles up because GM does not have the time to deal with it. I counted 10 carts of reshop at guest services this morning, and that's not counting the 4 that one of our GSTLs just pushed out to the general salesfloor area. (TTOTL: Hey, I actually did take care of my reshop first thing when I came in. Can you please not drop off domestic reshop in my kitchen area? Thanks!)

Increasing volume level kind of sucks right now.

Back