Everything Comes to an End

Y'all, I cannot believe I'm about to say this. But it's been almost six months since my new ex job closed it's office building.

I've got my former TL telling me to reapply to Spot.
My significant other reminding me how much I used to love Spot.
Former peers telling me I should reapply for leadership.

And almost eight months from my escape, when I told myself I was moving on and would never go back to retail, it seems the current goal is to try and get into a TL position. Ideally for my workcenter in my store since it was home.

I never wanted to be a lead in the past as was happy with my leadership and was content being a captain. But now, with the paygrade bumps, TL base is almost what I had started at in the office job. Granted that job had profit sharing which I'll now never get my chance to see, as well so many other pros. But I do miss my sfs department. And I was struggling in the new job. I wish I had been able to give it more time, but 2020 had other plans... and with the time I was there, I felt like I wasn't learning.

Who knows... we'll see what happens. If a position even becomes available. And if they'd even take me back.

I'm torn. I know it's moving backwards. But after this year I don't know what else to do.

Last edited:
I would say don't go back as long as you can hold out. Now is a really rough time for retail workers in general, between contagious disease and people's responses to it. Target specifically, hours are skimpy and demands are insane.

Back