Archived Everything there is to know about Corrective Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well about 6 months ago, I got written up for language use. According to my HR I was on a 6 months corrective action...well the 6 months is almost up, but I know that it stays in my file for 3 years...but after the 6 months I am now eligible for promotions/etc. But since it stays in my file, what does that do? Could I get fired for this write up even though its almost over? I've kept my mouth shut and continue doing my work. I really have no idea how these corrective actions work and I'm scared that they won't want to promote me in any way now.
I'm afraid to talk to my HR about my write up being over, do you think my HR will call me into the office to tell me my write up is over? Or will I never know?
Just any info about corrective actions and how to get back on the right track? It would be greatly appreciated.
Also, does this write up make me non-rehirable?

From another thread:
Counseling = Corrective Action.

Counseling lasts for six months. If you receive another CA in that time, you move on to Final Warning for 12 months.

If you have three different Corrective Actions (either Counseling or Final Warning) you are on a Final Warning for anything. Which means, any other Counseling/Corrective Actions immediately lead to termination.

Example:

Calls out every weekend, receives Counseling for Attendance after being coached using the DESC model documentation.
Continues calling out every week, receives Final Warning for Attendance four months later after being coached using DESC documentation.
Continuously coached (documented) for delivering a poor zone, receives a Counseling for Performance while still on the first Final Warning.
No call, no shows...terminated.

Now that I think about it, Attendance might fall under Performance, so theoretically the TM would be term'd after the zoning CA. Not sure, but the example should make sense.

As for the OP: it really depends on how you are perceived at your store. If you are in good standing with your TLs and ETLs (no coachings, call outs, etc.) then you should still be allowed to transfer. Since it is your first CA I suspect that you are going to be fine, but you definitely need to talk to your ETL-HR.

Fast Service Needed In, Jun 26, 2012

You should not be afraid to approach your ETL-HR. The fact that you want to improve speaks a lot to your work ethic. Demonstrating Courage is a leadership characteristic that is hard to find. By swallowing your fears and talking to your HR about where you can go from here, he/she will see that you are courageous and willing to improve. Good luck!

And it stays on file for 3 years, but is only active for 6 months, unless it escalates to a Final Warning. I didn't mean to scare you, but you need to know the facts. Your store won't tell you these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back