Archived Everytime my store gets a visitor/DTL the ETLs go into meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we get a visit everyone gets ask in. hours seem to appear out of no where. I really wish they would just do unannounced visits. They'd see ETLs texting on the floor, drinking sodas on the floor, or just walking around talking about parties or what they are doing this weekend.

A team member at our store called Osha once about the fixture room, she said they seemed more concerned with things that were in the pathway of the fire door. She was off for three days after that, when she came back the fixture room was cleaned up, so she doesnt really know what happened or who got stuck cleaning it. Two weeks later the fixture room looked like it did when she called Osha two weeks earlier.

A TM in our store once threatened to call OSHA about the fixture room and a few weeks later he was termed.

A TM in our store once threatened to call OSHA about the fixture room and a few weeks later he was termed.

I'm sure they found other reasons that were all above board but if that TM could prove a connection that would be a major lawsuit.

That's one option, another option is to fix the problem instead of being part of it. You know, clean the fixture room.

As if I actually have the time for that. I'm a hardlines closer, I have a zone to do.

That, and considering how plano just leaves tubs of stuff...

Our DTL always checks the fixture room. It's come up as an opp on many a visit, and then the PTL has to spend a day cleaning it up and throwing things away that we inevitably end up ordering again.

Our PTL is hardly a team favorite, but I don't exactly think it's fair that he has to spend all the time cleaning up after everyone, when we all contribute to it turning into a disaster area again. So I try to be respectful and put things where they go, until the day comes where the fixture room is loaded with carts and I have to take my life in my hands getting a shelf. There have been a few times where I've crawled to the back of the room and have gotten trapped, and someone will have to come move a thousand carts to get me out.

Our PTL cleaned it up one day about a month ago and it has stayed clean. There's a camera outside the fixture room so they know who cleans up and who doesn't. You also need a key to get in & it is pretty much always kept locked.

Our PTL cleaned it up one day about a month ago and it has stayed clean. There's a camera outside the fixture room so they know who cleans up and who doesn't. You also need a key to get in & it is pretty much always kept locked.

They tried that before I got there but the signing computer is in there and it became too much of a hassle so they stopped.
Anything that annoys an ETL is bound to end.

We actually stopped locking it shortly before it got cleaned up. I'm not sure what sort of painful death the PTL threatened people with for screwing it up but it has stayed clean for a few months now so I'm not questioning his methods on that one.

I'm sure they found other reasons that were all above board but if that TM could prove a connection that would be a major lawsuit.
You're right, they had other reasons to can him, really good reasons in fact, but the OSHA thing was the catalyst that made it happen.

When we get a visit everyone gets ask in. hours seem to appear out of no where. I really wish they would just do unannounced visits. They'd see ETLs texting on the floor, drinking sodas on the floor, or just walking around talking about parties or what they are doing this weekend.

If they took such a logical step it would mean they are ready to admit they aren't giving enough hours to achieve the goals they set.

Let's just keep pretending we like the emperor's new clothes & maybe magically they will eventually appear.

Do DTLs look in fixture rooms? That's where ours is completely ****ed up!

I'm honestly debating with another coworker friend of mine to call the hotline. Our fixture room is a mess. You have to climb on things to get to what you need and I've had things fall on me. Nothing damaging, just peghooks and those metal divider things that I don't know the name of. Fences? I dunno. They're used on bottom shelves to keep things from rolling out.
Sounds like OSHA might be a little more effective.

OSHA depending on the state only shows up when someone gets killed, a couple tubs blocking up a room, not happening. Try the fire inspector. Ours has fire doors that have to be closed but are constantly propped open.. The surprise on the ETL's face - priceless..

pho_casestudy1.jpg

My interpretation of a DTL visit..

I always bust my ETL's afterwards..

Do DTLs look in fixture rooms? That's where ours is completely ****ed up!

I'm honestly debating with another coworker friend of mine to call the hotline. Our fixture room is a mess. You have to climb on things to get to what you need and I've had things fall on me. Nothing damaging, just peghooks and those metal divider things that I don't know the name of. Fences? I dunno. They're used on bottom shelves to keep things from rolling out.

OSHA depending on the state only shows up when someone gets killed, a couple tubs blocking up a room, not happening. Try the fire inspector. Ours has fire doors that have to be closed but are constantly propped open.. The surprise on the ETL's face - priceless..
It's not tubs blocking the room, it's 20 pound shelves dangling ten feet up on the wall, and 50 peghooks scattered across the floor, or a dozen 30 pound softlines shelves leaning helter skelter across the aisle. Stepping on metal fencing on the floor is like hitting a patch of ice.

On Monday mornings the fixture room can be a death trap.

It's not tubs blocking the room, it's 20 pound shelves dangling ten feet up on the wall, and 50 peghooks scattered across the floor, or a dozen 30 pound softlines shelves leaning helter skelter across the aisle. Stepping on metal fencing on the floor is like hitting a patch of ice.

This is the state of our fixture room most of the time too. I once had an 18" pusher stuck on my foot. Hopped around trying to get it off, nearly lost my life sliding on some fencing resulting in a bunch of propped up shelves sliding into my path.

It's not just a job, it's an adventure.

Our fencing was hung on the back wall & I got pinned between a stack of shelves leaning on end & stacks of signing boxes while trying to reach through. Our PATL was doing signs & helped pull me loose.
Fortunately, I don't have any reason to go in there any more.

This is the state of our fixture room most of the time too. I once had an 18" pusher stuck on my foot. Hopped around trying to get it off, nearly lost my life sliding on some fencing resulting in a bunch of propped up shelves sliding into my path.

I'm sorry I know it's a serious issue but the mental image of somebody with their foot stuck in an ax pusher hopping around trying to get it off is like something from a movie and made me laugh out loud.

Glad you're ok though! Hopefully somebody can clean that mess up.

I hope no one gets seriously injured from crawling through their fixture room if it looks like a death trap. At some point you have to take responsibility for your own safety.

I think it's kind of funny reading everything that you guys post about your DTLs. The district office is located in my store so I get to interact with my DTL on fairly regular basis and he seems like a pretty good guy. I guess that is probably one of the reasons I've heard all the other Targets in our district are awesome to work at and our store is known for being strict.

I hope no one gets seriously injured from crawling through their fixture room if it looks like a death trap. At some point you have to take responsibility for your own safety.

I do, I won't crawl through a war zone for some raincheck pads. At least if I have to, I being a witness.

pretty much sums up target in general haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back