Archived Everytime my store gets a visitor/DTL the ETLs go into meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where the extra hours come from?
They're borrowing hours from the future. Every time there is a visit, we have to cut hours afterward, meaning that the store goes right back to the warzone it was before the emergency zone. I liken it to polishing a turd because nothing really changes. You can spray air freshener and scrub the floors, but it's going to start stinking again if you don't get rid of the leaking bucket of sewage hiding just out of sight.

I absolutely hate it when a possible visit comes up. Key word POSSIBLE. It's a director coming potentially tomorrow. So they pooped out a butt load of hours for two days to get the entire store ptm'd, zoned, back stocked, set, etc., and all for this possible visit.
What kills me is that I want my store to be successful and to run well... All the time, with hitches here and there that come along with life as expected, but since we have great leadership, they run a tight ship. This is not the case. They pulled us all out of the wood works to kills our backs on theory to fix fires with a box of band aides. The store will look good for a few days and if we do get the visit, we did this for what? Pats on the back, good job guys here's some subs we requisitioned. Here comes the new week and all the same problems because we make it look as though we make it work with the boney payroll that they bless us with. "Well if they can do they do this with only this amount of payroll, then let's cut back on that 3% we just allocated them recently" says the bigwig.

It's cheating and lying and implicating all of us along with them. It's a major morale killer. Poor representation to any new tm that has come on to the team. It makes me want to go on a bitch slapping tangent. It's also why when those nachos are in the store, I'm all of a sudden "helping lines of guests" or David Copperfield(ing). Anyhoo Why do they do it?

It's the same thing at Hobby Lobby. And it's worse at my store since our DM has his office in the back. Met him for the first time since I started (after I'd been there 2 months) this past Monday. To quote that Shania Twain song (kinda), "he don't impress me much.". And From comments later that night, I don't think he's well liked by anyone.

It's the same thing at Hobby Lobby. And it's worse at my store since our DM has his office in the back. Met him for the first time since I started (after I'd been there 2 months) this past Monday. To quote that Shania Twain song (kinda), "he don't impress me much.". And From comments later that night, I don't think he's well liked by anyone.

Is he like Stuart from the Retail comic? :D

I have worked at Spot for 15 years and there hasn't been one DTL who has survived more than 3 years in my district. Everyone has been fired or forced out...no one has gotten promoted (other than to 'guest').

Being a DTL in my district has a career as long as an average NFL running back. So I never sweat it when our DTL shows up. I figure no matter how bad he/she thinks I am, I will be here longer than him/her.

We had a "huge" visit at my store the other day. Group people were coming or something. We spent a week cleaning, zoning and sorting every single inch of the checklanes. Then they came. They didn't even stop by the lanes or talk to anyone at them. They left after 20 minutes.

Why, you ask?

Apparently, they had lunch reservations at a nearby restaurant.

I hope we have a visit, preferably announced, so my flea market look a like store, will get cleaned up!

We had a "huge" visit at my store the other day. Group people were coming or something. We spent a week cleaning, zoning and sorting every single inch of the checklanes. Then they came. They didn't even stop by the lanes or talk to anyone at them. They left after 20 minutes.

Why, you ask?

It's almost like they know the only way the stores get cleaned up is before visits so they do some perfunctory ones. Hell of a way to run a business.

For the record the epic visit did not happen and we had close to 11 call outs today... eeeeyup.

We also got a message from the Stl that a possible visit may happen on monday, the etls looked at us and said and what. Ha!

Why, you ask?

This always seems to happen on most visits...it is made to be a huge deal and then they are there for the period of one break.

This happens at my store every single time there is even a slight possibility of a visit. It is probably the only time I actually see the etls doing anything...they get all panicky and freaked out and rush around doing stuff anf giving us extra stuff to do. It amuses me to see how quickly they can move when they think someone is coming.

This happens at my store every single time there is even a slight possibility of a visit. It is probably the only time I actually see the etls doing anything...they get all panicky and freaked out and rush around doing stuff anf giving us extra stuff to do. It amuses me to see how quickly they can move when they think someone is coming.

You need to edit your post, they still aren't doing anything other than giving orders. Ours do a mid day zone, code for gossip for an hour. Cause their zone is crap.

I feel lucky to be in a store where my ETLs seem to actually put in some work and don't sit in offices and talk/eat all day. Some stores I've been in the TLs don't even get out of the offices because they're talking to each other or off the computers.

The ETLs and my STL still freak out when they hear a visitor is coming! Plus my store is conveniently located in a central location in our district so lots of meetings take place at my store so everyone gets to freak out every other week when a meeting is going to be held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back