Archived Excuse me, do you work here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually say so they tell me. My favorite is when you get some little old lady goes can you help me I am so sorry to bother you. No matter how much I say that's what I am here for she just keeps saying I am sorry to bother you. Just want to hug her and go your not a bothering me.The etl asking me where I am at in the 20 projects he or she has given me now that's bothering me.;)

We were without power due to Sandy, and my store was open thanks to our generator.

I was running the lanes and the STL was standing by the front door, "greeting" people. Guests would walk in and ask my STL if the store was open, he'd respond with "No, I'm just standing here because I'm bored."

I never get the red and khaki combination. It's not like it's the best matching outfit, yet I see guests in it all the time.

I've answered the question of do you work here by saying........it depends, do you need some help?

Most people don't hear the "it depends"....but those that do will get a laugh out of it.

I want to try just saying 'No.' and turning away. I wonder if that would deter someone from asking that stupid a question again.

'No, I'm just a big fan' would be a close second.

I love guest relations.. nothing greater when the leads are pissin yah off and are asking for you on radio "sorry I'm with a guest"..sometimes I lie and use that so I don't have to deal with my bosses (hehehe got a vibe card one day from it)

I witnessed a guest today go up to a man in a tan shirt and a blue jeans and asked him where something was. He of course responded with "Uh, I dont work here" ... He obviously doesnt work for target, yet I can be standing there with a red shirt, khakis, name tag, walkie, etc. CLEAR as all that I work for target, and yet people still have to ask If i work here

I usually reply "Maybe, depends on why you're asking" (with a smile! I'm not a total curmudgeon). I used to do it more but I got caught by an ETL one day. Thankfully I didn't get in trouble but I cut back...just in case.

How about when you're shopping? You've got your purse on your shoulder, drinking a smoothie & carrying a basket full of groceries and they stop and ask you for help.

I had an awkward situation where a guest yelled at another guest who was wearing red and khaki.
The disgruntled guest was for some reason upset at our small and limited Home Improvement department.
He went towards this unlucky guest, who was wearing red and khaki, and started yelling at the guy.
"You call this shit home improvement? This fucking thing is two aisles big. You guys seriously...."
The guy just stood there confused and said "I don't work here."

We were without power due to Sandy, and my store was open thanks to our generator.

I was running the lanes and the STL was standing by the front door, "greeting" people. Guests would walk in and ask my STL if the store was open, he'd respond with "No, I'm just standing here because I'm bored."

The perks of being STL, hahaha. I wish I could do that.

I love when someone who doesnt work at target shops in red and khaki. Its hilarious how many times theyre asked

My mother swore to never make that mistake again.

I want to try just saying 'No.' and turning away. I wonder if that would deter someone from asking that stupid a question again.

'No, I'm just a big fan' would be a close second.

Once I was wearing khakis and the red shit, but the red was completely covered with a blue hoodie. I had headphones in, and I had my messenger bag with me. I basically looked like a guest. Someone asked "Do you work here?" I gave him this look, said "no", and walked away.

How about when you're shopping? You've got your purse on your shoulder, drinking a smoothie & carrying a basket full of groceries and they stop and ask you for help.

I ignore people. If they are REALLY persistent, I'll just tell them I do, but I'm not right now and show them to someone else.

I also had a seasonal team member run up to me and start bitching at me (I was off the clock and shopping) and asked why I just ignored some guest that was wanting something found that wasn't on the floor. Nevermind the fact that it was THEIR job to do and not mine (they had a PDA and a walkie).

I had a guest call me stupid basically.

She said excuse me are you smart?
I reply what?
She goes are you smart because I need a charger for the Nook. Mind you she has the Nook charger she needed in her hand.
I went over and said you don't need my help because you have what you are looking for in your hand
Guest didn't utter a word and walked away. Who is the idiot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back