Archived Facebook Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't extreme coupon but think of it like this.

You NEED shampoo and laundry detergent. Would you rather pay full price and buy it, idk, once a month?
Or would you rather buy a shitload and pay a small amount and be set for 6 months to a year?

I don't extreme coupon but think of it like this.

You NEED shampoo and laundry detergent. Would you rather pay full price and buy it, idk, once a month?
Or would you rather buy a shitload and pay a small amount and be set for 6 months to a year?
That wasnt the purpose of coupons. Coupons are Meant to benused in moderation so a product is more attractive price wise. The rate heavy couponers use these , it could ruin the whole coupon part. Also people are profiting on coupons, by selling them, which voids the coupons, and is then selling items not as described which can be illegal. They need to limit coupons to one per like group of items per person. Get this coupon craze gone, and then return it back to normal, with strict guidelines for stores.

What's wrong with people using coupons ? I read some stories about managers overseeing the coupon using and those managers are complete jerks! If the coupon is for buying 3 of something and the guest has 3 and also gets a giftcard the coupon is still OK, more savings for the guest, but the jerk manager didn't allow that! That jerk manager should be reported.

Coupons are typically marketing tools. They're like when drug dealers give new buyers "a free taste." Idk if that's real lol, but it happens on tv

I don't mind ethical couponers who follow the rules and don't argue with them. But I never expect those people so I'm usually already mean face Magoo when they whip out the coupons.

If you're allowing me to bag millions of items before even telling me there are coupons, I'm gonna silently have a cow and every time the register tells me you don't have the item, I'm gonna make you dig the alleged item out so that I can compare to the coupon. And I read the fine print. These people do it this way because they just assume I'll accept every coupon willy nilly. I know sometimes it really is a problem with the system, but holding back on the coupons like this just seems so shady to me.

Coupons are typically marketing tools. They're like when drug dealers give new buyers "a free taste." Idk if that's real lol, but it happens on tv

I don't mind ethical couponers who follow the rules and don't argue with them. But I never expect those people so I'm usually already mean face Magoo when they whip out the coupons.

If you're allowing me to bag millions of items before even telling me there are coupons, I'm gonna silently have a cow and every time the register tells me you don't have the item, I'm gonna make you dig the alleged item out so that I can compare to the coupon. And I read the fine print. These people do it this way because they just assume I'll accept every coupon willy nilly. I know sometimes it really is a problem with the system, but holding back on the coupons like this just seems so shady to me.
I don't see how you could have a cow silently... o_O;):)

Lol "silent" was an exaggeration. More like I have a mini baby cow. There's a face and a change in my voice's volume, but it's within the range of not getting in trouble. So basically it's me having a cow while also remembering that I still need the paycheck. If I didn't need this job, I would have lost it ages ago and had a full sized cow haha. It's a miracle the paycheck is even enough sometimes.

I hate front end.

I don't see how you could have a cow silently... o_O;):)

Having%20a%20cow.jpg

Now to be fair as a person who is a smart couponer I have gotten excellent deals and I know I have been correct many times but am also willing to admit I have been wrong sometimes... not ALL couponers are trying to scam the store. I have bought a lot of the same products such as 7 tides. I keep 3 and I donate the rest. If someone is fallowing all the rules and their coupons are not giving them overage but they happen to be buying a lot of clearance that happens be free I do not see the problem.

Why do they do that?
To cash out on there coupons. It makes more work for the team. Someone has to process it, someone has to reshop it. Target doesn't count coupons when they return it. For example say the guest had a total of $50 at checkout and the guest proceeds to hand the cashier $50 in coupons making her total $0. The guest pays nothing. The Guest than goes to guest service where the return is done. The Guest is given $50 when she really paid zero.

To cash out on there coupons. It makes more work for the team. Someone has to process it, someone has to reshop it. Target doesn't count coupons when they return it. For example say the guest had a total of $50 at checkout and the guest proceeds to hand the cashier $50 in coupons making her total $0. The guest pays nothing. The Guest than goes to guest service where the return is done. The Guest is given $50 when she really paid zero.

And we actually lose money while we get money back on the coupons legal ones, some product has to be tossed, food products most cosmetics and almost all baby related stuff(food, formula - always toss) so we have lost the full value and have to settle on $0.50 of the coupon on a $8 baby formula bottle. While the guest got $8. :confused:

And we actually lose money while we get money back on the coupons legal ones, some product has to be tossed, food products most cosmetics and almost all baby related stuff(food, formula - always toss) so we have lost the full value and have to settle on $0.50 of the coupon on a $8 baby formula bottle. While the guest got $8. :confused:
there needs to be a better system

there needs to be a better system
The only thing I could think of would be to digitize coupons. Give them all their own specific coupon barcodes (like cartwheel and mobile coupons have) and submit the request to the manufacturer electronically. If the guest returns an item reduce the value by the coupon and send the extra money back to the manufacturer.

The easier thing to do would be to have leadership that aren't complete pushovers and are willing to take the 15 minutes to deny giant HBA and baby returns.

The reason that target doesn't reduce the coupon values now is that if they did they would be taking money from the manufacturer when coupons are submitted, so instead they give that money to the guest to pass off the legal responsibility for the coupon fraud. With an electronic system like that a manufacturer could chargeback target whenever returns like that are reduced by coupon values. They would also have to stop allowing manual entry of coupons without a supervisor override.

The only thing I could think of would be to digitize coupons. Give them all their own specific coupon barcodes (like cartwheel and mobile coupons have) and submit the request to the manufacturer electronically. If the guest returns an item reduce the value by the coupon and send the extra money back to the manufacturer.

The easier thing to do would be to have leadership that aren't complete pushovers and are willing to take the 15 minutes to deny giant HBA and baby returns.

The reason that target doesn't reduce the coupon values now is that if they did they would be taking money from the manufacturer when coupons are submitted, so instead they give that money to the guest to pass off the legal responsibility for the coupon fraud. With an electronic system like that a manufacturer could chargeback target whenever returns like that are reduced by coupon values. They would also have to stop allowing manual entry of coupons without a supervisor override.
I see it all the time. The coupon doesn't scan so the cashier just overrides it without looking at it. I like the idea of the supervisor overide for manual entry or coupons that don't scan. Coupon guests at my store look for their "mark" a cashier that just approves coupons without a care in the world. We really need some type of override. If we give the guests a hard time they will stop trying to get one over on us. Coupon guests also effect honest guests. I see it all the time a guest will pull out 100 coupons at the last minute and guests in line behind get pissed off and leave without buying anything. I kind of wish coupons didn't exist at all.

I see it all the time. The coupon doesn't scan so the cashier just overrides it without looking at it. I like the idea of the supervisor overide for manual entry or coupons that don't scan. Coupon guests at my store look for their "mark" a cashier that just approves coupons without a care in the world. We really need some type of override. If we give the guests a hard time they will stop trying to get one over on us. Coupon guests also effect honest guests. I see it all the time a guest will pull out 100 coupons at the last minute and guests in line behind get pissed off and leave without buying anything. I kind of wish coupons didn't exist at all.
I think our systems for target coupons, mobile coupons, and cartwheel work reasonably well (still waiting on a "missed cartwheel" in the fix a mistake menu on POS). They don't give more money back than the guest originally paid. They even go so far as to add promo coupons to this, which reduces the value of returns made on that receipt. But with manufacturer coupons it's a clusterfuck. What's to stop the guest going to a store 30 minutes away the day after they use a million coupons and return everything through a card lookup so the GSTM can't see all the coupons used? We really should just stop accepting manufacturer coupons, we probably lose more money than we gain through them if you count all the payroll that goes into processing and shipping them, plus dealing with conflicts arising from use of these coupons (trial size, anyone?). If it doesn't scan then tough shit, do you still want the item? If it has to be manually keyed you have to scan the items the coupon applies to immediately afterwards, and use supervisor numbers, so if they try to return it then the return value is reduced by the coupon.

I don't cashier, so forgive me if this sounds ignorant...but why get so strict over coupons? Does someone check your coupons to make sure they are all legit and used correctly?

The way I see it, as long as the guest bought the item or you think you remembered scanning it, there shouldn't be any reason not to just take their coupons. Unless it comes out to a negative amount or the coupon is obviously fraudulent (like a free PS4), it doesn't hurt anyone to take them. Your store gets more sales (and therefore gets more payroll) and it will get reimbursed for the manufacturer coupons.

The one negative is the guests who just return it all to guest service. But most people seem to do it to stock up/donate.

I don't cashier, so forgive me if this sounds ignorant...but why get so strict over coupons? Does someone check your coupons to make sure they are all legit and used correctly?

The way I see it, as long as the guest bought the item or you think you remembered scanning it, there shouldn't be any reason not to just take their coupons. Unless it comes out to a negative amount or the coupon is obviously fraudulent (like a free PS4), it doesn't hurt anyone to take them. Your store gets more sales (and therefore gets more payroll) and it will get reimbursed for the manufacturer coupons.

The one negative is the guests who just return it all to guest service. But most people seem to do it to stock up/donate.
Most cases if it's not scanning there is a reason why. Sometimes the coupons are fakes or copies. The dishonest guests runied it for everyone. We actually can lose money if the coupon is for the wrong item.

Most cases if it's not scanning there is a reason why. Sometimes the coupons are fakes or copies. The dishonest guests runied it for everyone. We actually can lose money if the coupon is for the wrong item.
How so? Like if you took a coupon for Tide, but the guest bought Gain, it won't set off an alert at Proctor & Gamble headquarters to not reimburse Target for that coupon.

I do see your point though about fake and copied coupons. I would not like the feeling that any guest with coupons might be trying to use me to defraud Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back