Archived Failed steritech visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Steritech paid a nice visit to my store Friday morning and lone behold we're in the red.
As a Starbucks TM I can't say I'm surprised, at least that SB failed because we're constantly understaffed. We're lucky to have 2 people working at a time and even then its just because of an overlapping shift.
Anyway, this isn't a rant about hours. The entire store got a score of 59% from what I was told.
The only area that didn't get red was FA (they were yellow) but that was probably because they hadn't had any Pizza Hut items to sell since that Wednesday. They didn't have much to do since there's no pizzas and since they were so dead the FA TMs had been doing nothing but cleaning and etc. They were more than prepared.

My question is, what happens now? Has anyone had experience in a store that failed their steritech visit? What happened? This is our first time failing a steritech visit but its also our first visit aside from the learning visit that was conducted a couple of months after we opened which was in February.

As long as steritech doesn't actually shut you down (happened to us once; broken water heater which meant we couldn't sanitize properly), you'll be okay. Take the criticals they gave you and figure out how to fix it. I believe a red visit means you are likely to get another visit before your regular rotation, but I'm not positive.

When its been two months and no visit, we tend to go on high alert and make sure everything is by the book. You'll learn to guess when a visit is impending which helps a lot in prep. Paperwork is a huge biggie so make sure all those logs are being done correctly! And the questions you get asked are an easy critical if you don't know them.

Make sure all consumables are dated & are being rotated
Everything is stored properly & prep surfaces are kept clean
Shelved product is organized & dated (on consumables)
Chemicals are clearly marked (sanitizer is dated)
Sweep under fixtures, cases, etc to eliminate anything that could attract pests
No personal drinks, foods, clothing, purses, etc in the area
Dining area is wiped down & swept every half hr
Timers on coffee, creamer pitchers, steam pitchers & sanitizer tray
Check lists (temps, cleaning logs, task lists) are up-to-date
NO items set upon the floor (except cleansors), up on racks
TMs are tutored on best practices, food handling, etc
...just to name a few.

When you get a red, the store has to set an action plan to correct the critical violations you had..... You can expect some new guidelines to hopefully solve the issues, and steritech will usually have another visit sooner to check on progress. :(

Make sure all consumables are dated & are being rotated
Everything is stored properly & prep surfaces are kept clean
Shelved product is organized & dated (on consumables)
Chemicals are clearly marked (sanitizer is dated)
Sweep under fixtures, cases, etc to eliminate anything that could attract pests
No personal drinks, foods, clothing, purses, etc in the area
Dining area is wiped down & swept every half hr
Timers on coffee, creamer pitchers, steam pitchers & sanitizer tray
Check lists (temps, cleaning logs, task lists) are up-to-date
NO items set upon the floor (except cleansors), up on racks
TMs are tutored on best practices, food handling, etc
...just to name a few.

If you have a soda machine, you had better clean the ice shoot and behind it. And you need to clean the holes of the soda nozzles- we keep a clean set just for visits.

Steritech is an outside party food safety/sanitation evaluator. They come into stores to evaluate the sanitation and food safety procedures are being followed, and to determine if there are any faults.

If there are any, they make a report. And send it to District/Corp management.

If a store fails their evaluation, they have so many days to fix it before another visit.

These companies are used to help keep health check scores high. Usually they are a whole lot more strict than some state health checks.

Grrrr! Steritech showed up yesterday a.m.! FA team got 2 criticals!! We are so having documented conversations! Argh!

Somehow the store, still got a green.
Oh the correction is done- there is no excuse for pizzas being in the hot hold 40 mins after time! I've only been back in charge of them for about a month- I knew I had a lot to fight with- hey we're just lucky they hadn't been caught before......

Start sharpening the knives, too.
Sharp cutlery makes less mess ;)

Oh wait! It was the glance in the wrong spot in the cleaning tote! That's what I'm spraying for now apparently........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back