Archived Fall 2015 Replenishment Simplification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any members that were part of this pilot? I have a few questions regarding the change to the instocks scan schedule. With the creation of 5 dedicated scan days, what has the workload been like? Also, for stores who have had the new CAF pull schedule, any tips?

oath2border,

The rollout packet can be found on workbench. It is also in Redwire.

Key takeaway:
  • Instocks will have 5 research days, which essentially breaks the research task lists up into smaller day-to-day workloads. Weekends no longer have research drop, instead it will be extremely RIG heavy.
  • Research filters are more relaxed, which in turn reduces drastic count workload
  • Instocks owns SFQ
  • Backroom CAF's are changing based upon your Org Classification.
  • Select fillgroups will drop for each CAF hour,for example, rather then pull GRC every hour, it will only drop a set amount of times (based upon org chart)

We had this in my store. It was ok, but ultimately it didn't change much. Weekend rigs were terrible though, it was difficult to get them completed with only one person.

The CAFs will have less batches per hour, but each batch will be much heavier than they were.

As for instocks, I won't even get started because my team was so ridiculously incompetent that it didn't work.

Someone explain to me how this is supposed to work with a 6am truck process? How do you 4x4 during an unload?!

How long ago did you try this?

Now that we're switching to SFQ, my guess would be that we have to retry every instocks pilot we tried over the last year.
About a year ago? We were one of the first pilots.

Basically each hour, specific batches drop. As a result the need builds, and each batch ends up being larger. It's more efficient in theory but in practice just makes each vehicle overstuffed.

On the instocks side, weekly wasn't bad, but weekend rigs were enourmous and took more time than alloted.

Overall, the net difference in result was minimal imo.

The CAFs will have less batches per hour, but each batch will be much heavier than they were.

As for instocks, I won't even get started because my team was so ridiculously incompetent that it didn't work.

Market and healthcare are the only fill groups where I see this being an issue.

Take an hour out for a smart huddle every weekend morning and help signage on Sunday good luck getting it done!
You're only losing an hour to smart huddles? Today, I was down 90 minutes PLUS 70min for backing up. Plus LOD kept insisting I did things before I worked on my workload.

You're only losing an hour to smart huddles? Today, I was down 90 minutes PLUS 70min for backing up. Plus LOD kept insisting I did things before I worked on my workload.

Smart huddle is an hour of softlines reshop, On a Saturday, then fill the light bulbs(LED $1.99) then fill all paper/chem end caps. Two hours down. Then back up in between. And only an hour for huddle cause I walk off to take my break, cause three hours. I can just scan market, baby and Rigs in the time left.

We have a pretty strong ETL who fights to keep us left alone. Why we run solo on weekends, cause sales floor would see in stocks as free hours and use us for their pet project.

Oh hey, I heard about (part of) this today! Mostly just the bit where each day is a different department. Which I am cautiously optimistic about because when I'm researching I tend to get stuck in on an aisle or two and trying to fix them, then freak out and get tired from trying to not rush through the rest of my list before the shift's over. So the idea of instocks going through just a block or so and researching, PTMing, etc. sounds amazing. Of course it probably won't end go like that but I can fantasize, can't I?

The specific CAFs sounds kind of wonky though. I get what they're going for but its still a weird idea. At least drop several fillgroups each hour and rotate them or something!

@Rarejem, have you seen this at your store?
Had a good chuckle about it today when I casually asked my TL about it. She told me that they will be discussing it at a meeting tonight. This is very similar to years ago when we researched specific blocks on specific days. Research for other areas was absolutely discouraged - which would kill my stl who pretty much wants us to do an all scan every single day. (We don't) She said that it will be implemented ASAP...not sure how soon that is since our schedules are set and lighter than light with everyone being cut and finding that we are reallocated to somewhere else when we come in for our shift. The Instocks focus will be a total foreign language at my store, that's for sure. The only ones who care at all is our team.

Can someone explain to me what a typical day looks like? I was told each dept. gets 4x4 every day before research. What time does the team come in? What happens at stores with 6am unload that conflicts with the daily targeted dept.?

oath2border,

The rollout packet can be found on workbench. It is also in Redwire.

Key takeaway:
  • Instocks will have 5 research days, which essentially breaks the research task lists up into smaller day-to-day workloads. Weekends no longer have research drop, instead it will be extremely RIG heavy.
  • Research filters are more relaxed, which in turn reduces drastic count workload
  • Instocks owns SFQ
  • Backroom CAF's are changing based upon your Org Classification.
  • Select fillgroups will drop for each CAF hour,for example, rather then pull GRC every hour, it will only drop a set amount of times (based upon org chart)

They aren't touching my PFresh..

Except yogurt and the back dairy wall, they can have that.

Market and healthcare are the only fill groups where I see this being an issue.

The HB batches and PHAR did get insane some days, as did OFCE during back to school (100+ DPCIs in one hour), but the one that is consistently the worst is PAPR. We could get two batches in a day that would each be more than 40 DPCIs.

They aren't touching my PFresh..

Except yogurt and the back dairy wall, they can have that.

I believe in letting Market keep whatever they want, they know their department. Personally I don't like scanning it, cause capacities are usually bogus. Backstock is sketchy at best.

Last edited:
Capacities will be taken care of with the SFQ process. This instocks process does work, it worked 5 years ago and it will work again. One of the advantages, if you have a particularly bad close, you focus zoning the areas that will be researched the next day. The 4x4s can be completed by the instock team before they start the instock process for the day.I just wish the implementation of all of these processes was a bit more spread out. Let the team get one new process down and then start a new one. But keep an open mind- it did work before and it will work again!

Capacities will be taken care of with the SFQ process. This instocks process does work, it worked 5 years ago and it will work again. One of the advantages, if you have a particularly bad close, you focus zoning the areas that will be researched the next day. The 4x4s can be completed by the instock team before they start the instock process for the day.I just wish the implementation of all of these processes was a bit more spread out. Let the team get one new process down and then start a new one. But keep an open mind- it did work before and it will work again!

Its basically going back to almost a decade ago in all honesty. There is a general research schedule and heavy RIGs throughout the week going forward, and then 4x4's can include RSCH so you basically can superzone and scan whatever you want to keep it full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back