Archived Family/Friends talking to you at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some sort of policy/rule on if you're talking to friends/family at work? I'm not distracted at work if a guest stops to talk to me but is there any difference if this person is related to you or a friend in some sort of way? My LOD tonight yelled at my coworker about it, and this LOD just turned into a LOD recently so I was just curious.

Thank you :)

Yeah, when I'm running SCO ive gotten yelled at for chatting with other workers on the job. I've never done it on purpose, its usually just me and one other coworker amd hes always the one striking up the convos. I got talked to about it a lot but purportedly he's never been talked to about it.

He respects now that I get in trouble so I haven't gotten talked to in a while. I'd refrain from any long, non-work related conversation, especially if youre in a customet service position representing the store.

When I'm working in grocery its easy to shoot the shit and get things stocked still. I think its just an image thing.

It's in the handbook that they ask your friends and family not to visit you at work. Now enforcement is spotty at best and pretty arbitrary but it makes sense.

If you keep the conversation to shopping I don't see how they would know if it's a family or friend. Being like "what party are we going to after work" is dumb and you should get coached for it. Save it for your break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back