Service & Engagement Fast service needed to the front lanes

It’s called following your training and doing your job. A transaction here and there is perfectly fine but my job is not to stand there and cashier for 8 hours. If you believe that is a leaders job then you have a serious misunderstanding of core roles.

It’s called following your training and doing your job. A transaction here and there is perfectly fine but my job is not to stand there and cashier for 8 hours. If you believe that is a leaders job then you have a serious misunderstanding of core roles.
Not all stores have IGS at the front end. That is being phased out eventually by spot.

We had an SETL who thought his job was to stand there and observe his advocates. He quit before he could be performanced out. His lazy ass is not missed by anyone at the store.
Well then that’s a problem because we are trained to do that. 70% of our time is to go to leadership tasks/observing and 30% helping out with coverage. That’s how we are taught so don’t sit there and call us lazy for doing our job.

All day we hear the call for backup. When we arrive we see ETL-SE and SETL at the front standing around talking or they are in the back office. Is there a procedure for the front lanes to use their own before calling for backup. Is it written down somewhere?
Not sure it’s written but if we have setl and etl there setl must hop on and etl watch before anyone called from floor. Mainly because floor ignores it anyway.

Our ETL observed the screen on her cell phone, the coffee level in her Starbucks cup, the location of the SD so she could look busy on demand, and the team for any minuscule nit-picking error so she could go back to her office, sit back down and write them up. All for $70,000 a year. What a deal!🙄

Ah so then when you get the inevitable guest that wants a leader your SETL should be making them wait as they take care of a $400 transaction on a register and the guest gets more pissed off. Unless you have two SETLs or your ETL GE/SD are there to cover your leader should not be getting on a lane.
So.... if ALL ADVOCATES are advocating, empowered to take care of guest. Why would a guest need a leader? Also, if the sales floor ETL is coming to cover anything at SD there better be a damn good reason. A pissed off guest is not one of them. The expectations are.... it never gets to that point! I think the problem is nobody knows what the focus, whats expected?etc. The leaders should be leading their teams and executives should be a presence support their leaders and stand up for their business.

Our ETL observed the screen on her cell phone, the coffee level in her Starbucks cup, the location of the SD so she could look busy on demand, and the team for any minuscule nit-picking error so she could go back to her office, sit back down and write them up. All for $70,000 a year. What a deal!🙄
🤣😂PRICELESS!!! We may have the same ETL.

I’m sorry but I am definitely NOT gonna stand at the front of the lanes and direct onesie twosies either. I’d rather cleanup code browns than stand there calling for backup and having guests scream at me for telling them lane 2 ... no shit!

.. cashier for 8 hrs? How does one get that? Maybe I will check into my core roles. My advocates get 8 a week, lucky to have 4 hr shifts

Well then that’s a problem because we are trained to do that. 70% of our time is to go to leadership tasks/observing and 30% helping out with coverage. That’s how we are taught so don’t sit there and call us lazy for doing our job.
Where did you find the percentages? Or times broken down into task? I need to show this to my peer.

If you’re expecting the leader to just sit on a lane and cashier then he isn’t a leader and you are wasting money. Our STL always stops me when she sees me doing work that’s beneath me. She says “you have people for that. You need to be observing.”
Wow!!! Beneath? Good thing they are an STL and not a STORE DIRECTOR 🙄

the modernization guide was very clear that setls should be on lanes as part of the backup process, with the etl-se running the front and if they needed to be on a lane another etl or the sd is supposed to be up front managing

As advocates, we do not have access to the mystical, all powerful modernization guide. Could you post this page?

Back